Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
For no apparent reason the backup camera will switch from my chosen mode of delay off to instant off. This has happened 3 or 4 time since new. I assume it is a random glitch in the software. Just today it was properly in delay mode when backing out of a parking space but it was in instant off when I used it at home to gauge if I was pulled up sufficiently in the garage. The menu item was also toggled off. This isn't really an annoyance as it occurs so infrequently just peculiar. I am still running the original Sync 3.3 software. Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

Yikes1961

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
didn't know that was a thing. Going to see how to do it on mine, too.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
Haven't had that issue with my 20 yet, bought it in September.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I bought a 2020 last month. There are many bugs on the sync3 I've notice. Sorry I don't have any fix to offer.

I still love the truck, but sync3 is, well, buggy.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a 2020 last month. There are many bugs on the sync3 I've notice. Sorry I don't have any fix to offer.

I still love the truck, but sync3 is, well, buggy.
I have said from day one when Sync was rolled out...Not ready for Prime Time, and it is still this way. Even Ford recognized this and there will be a slow death of Sync as of the 2023 model year as I understand it. I do not use much of any Sync 3 features on my Ranger. It disappoints at very turn.

I was opposed to Sync on Ranger upon launch of the first sync models but got steamrollered into accepting it....Glad I did not have to field the complaints for this poorly executed software.

Case in point was my map update....what a f*cked mess. Idle the truck for 1½ hours after several attempts that said install complete???? Not Complete...Why was this on the screen. Think Windows updates are painful??? Nope....try Sync 3 updates.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored