Decided on GFC Topper

Terra Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
After a lot of research I finally settled on the GFC Topper for my Ranger Tremor. I had a Leer on another truck and after a few years the fiberglass started cracking so I wanted to go with something a little tougher, overbuilt even. Planning on a lot of trips in 2023 and I’m loving the customization ideas for this topper. Also, some more peace of mind since it’s lockable keeping the raccoons out as well as the people looking for an easy, five finger discount.
7A7ABAF3-BD2A-4895-A3F6-C4B8E1E3FAFF.jpeg
Sponsored

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
If your looking to waste spend money I’d suggest getting the Sherpa rack. It’s beefy as all get out. For GFC camper owners I cannot recommend their “Stratus” racks. It’s got a couple design flaw that they have yet to address.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I could put more gear into and lock up
they really aren't that secure.... they are super easy to to pry open when locked. I just leave mine unlocked and hope for the best. the amount of valuables in the bed usually don't exceed the cost of replacing the back door

Sweet trailer

OP
OP
Terra Rover

Terra Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
When I originally ordered mine it was to be installed in Montana, but a couple of weeks later they announced the Denver location. I just emailed them asking to move it there as it would save me two days of driving and extra hotel costs. Guys in Denver did a great job installing it. Took a couple of hours. I was told by the GFC rep mine was the second Ranger in the country to get one. Here’s a pic of the guys after the install.
E3CA85B0-77A1-4783-A4AF-8D72FFD0E683.jpeg

OP
OP
Terra Rover

Terra Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
they really aren't that secure.... they are super easy to to pry open when locked. I just leave mine unlocked and hope for the best. the amount of valuables in the bed usually don't exceed the cost of replacing the back door

Sweet trailer
Thanks! The trailer has been awesome so far. Very simple and lightweight. No gimmicks, just built for adventure.
I hear what you’re saying. If someone really wants in, they’ll get in, but at least it’ll keep the opportunistic, 5 finger discount shoppers away. I insured it so if it is damaged I am covered. ??

ReigleCM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
NASA Geospatial Analyst
When I originally ordered mine it was to be installed in Montana, but a couple of weeks later they announced the Denver location. I just emailed them asking to move it there as it would save me two days of driving and extra hotel costs. Guys in Denver did a great job installing it. Took a couple of hours. I was told by the GFC rep mine was the second Ranger in the country to get one. Here’s a pic of the guys after the install.
E3CA85B0-77A1-4783-A4AF-8D72FFD0E683.jpeg
Looks sweet! Very surprised it took a couple of hours, maybe because it's a new team. The GFC team in Montana can do one in about 45 minutes.

OP
OP
Terra Rover

Terra Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Tremor
No doubt they’re slower due to lack of experience. GFC was actually on-site doing training with them. Not sure, but they may have used mine for impromptu training. They did a good job and I’m sure they’ll get faster as more people start using their location for installs.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It’s just the topper, not the camper. I already have an off road trailer setup. I needed something rugged that I could put more gear into and lock up (I have a wife, kids, dog, etc..)
Well, I’m not going to judge - as long as they don’t mind being locked up in there. ;)

That entire setup is going to be pretty rugged.