Dealer installed bilsteins at lowest perch

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Long story short, I brought the truck in have my Bilsteins installed. Told them to set at highest setting. I got it back and it didn't seem higher at all. So I just looked and they are set at stock height.

I'm going to call tomorrow but my question is can that perch be moved up easily? Or does the whole front need to get torn apart again?
Sponsored

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Unfortunately, they cannot be adjusted in place, so they’ll have to pull them, adjust, and reinstall. I assume you’ve already paid them and accepted the truck back?

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully you have it documented on the work order to set them at the highest setting?
Let us know how it goes.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Just had my Eibachs installed today, asked the tech for 2" rise and he nailed it, 2" on the dot. Of course this was not a Dealer, it was a Frame & Suspension shop that does a lot of 4X4's.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, they cannot be adjusted in place, so they’ll have to pull them, adjust, and reinstall. I assume you’ve already paid them and accepted the truck back?
Hopefully you have it documented on the work order to set them at the highest setting?
Let us know how it goes.
Yeah I was dropped off and drove back home. Mechanic was gone when I got there and the guy who gave me my keys said these shocks aren't adjustable.

As far as documenting it, I had several convos over the phone where I said I wanted it at the MAX setting and my phone records all conversations. Also it says on the work order "INSTALL SHOCKS TO RAISE RIDE HEIGHT".

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I was totally afraid of that when I had my Eibach's installed at the dealer. So I set them where I wanted them ahead of time and just asked them to swap them out. Worked perfectly. It was just a snap ring to move.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd never have a dealership install aftermarket parts.

You're lucky if they know anything about the factory setup, let alone aftermarket.

Good luck.
My impression from posts on here was the ranger suspension is a b**** to do properly with the axles falling out and stuff, so the Ford dealer was the way to go. At least I put it on a credit card not cash...

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Yeah I was dropped off and drove back home. Mechanic was gone when I got there and the guy who gave me my keys said these shocks aren't adjustable.
To clarify, which model of Bilsteins did you have installed?

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was totally afraid of that when I had my Eibach's installed at the dealer. So I set them where I wanted them ahead of time and just asked them to swap them out. Worked perfectly. It was just a snap ring to move.
Yeah I thought I explained it pretty well and the guy said he was "researching it" so he seemed pretty knowledgeable at the time. I did new tires and alignment and everything.

Well the good thing is driving home the truck felt planted like a sports car. These shocks are pretty nice and the Wildpeaks I got mounted up look awesome. They raised the truck a bit by themselves which is why I wasn't quite sure at first. It was dark too.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My impression from posts on here was the ranger suspension is a b**** to do properly with the axles falling out and stuff, so the Ford dealer was the way to go. At least I put it on a credit card not cash...
It's a pain, but not too bad.

At least you can dispute the charge.

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a pain, but not too bad.

At least you can dispute the charge.
Yeah worst case I do a chargeback and go through corporate. Even told him if it takes two days it's no problem just want it done right. Did it in one day wrong.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Yeah I thought I explained it pretty well and the guy said he was "researching it" so he seemed pretty knowledgeable at the time. I did new tires and alignment and everything.

Well the good thing is driving home the truck felt planted like a sports car. These shocks are pretty nice and the Wildpeaks I got mounted up look awesome. They raised the truck a bit by themselves which is why I wasn't quite sure at first. It was dark too.
I totally get it. I was so close to doing the same thing, just asking them where to set it. But I figured if they really knew what they were doing, they would call during install and ask. When they called and said it was ready, I thought yeah, they just swapped them out as is.
I totally agree about the ride compared to stock, night and day!

OP
OP
MountainGoat

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I totally get it. I was so close to doing the same thing, just asking them where to set it. But I figured if they really knew what they were doing, they would call during install and ask. When they called and said it was ready, I thought yeah, they just swapped them out as is.
I totally agree about the ride compared to stock, night and day!
Lol yep exact same thing. Dropped it off last night got a call today at lunch saying it was done. If it's that fast they can do it twice!
Sponsored