First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
I've given some price breaks (mostly seniors) because I knew they were on a fixed income.
Completely understandable.

That's always worked for me because most are skeptical when someone is really low and not to many are willing to pay for the highest bid.
I wish my employer would be skeptical of the lowest bidder. Alas, I work for a county government.
?
Sponsored

JeffB

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muastang, Mazda 6
I had a Maverick Lariat on order from December. It was evident that it was not coming this year. I still have the order in place for whenever they actually manufacture it. I got my Ranger for MSRP. No way I would ever pay over msrp for a Maverick!
Right, and that is the appeal with the Maverick a low cost entry point into a truck. Why would anyone pay 10k more when they could easily move into a Ranger at that price?

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It would be nice if Ford would allow each dealership to have a floor model of the Maverick and Ranger that can't be sold for a time limit, and then Ford sends them another with the same time limit.
As it is now, there isn't a Ranger or a Maverick to actually sit in or test drive to have any idea what they're like to sit in and/or drive. I would think Ford would sell a lot more if people got to check it out ahead of time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It would be nice if Ford would allow each dealership to have a floor model of the Maverick and Ranger that can't be sold for a time limit, and then Ford sends them another with the same time limit.
As it is now, there isn't a Ranger or a Maverick to actually sit in or test drive to have any idea what they're like to sit in and/or drive. I would think Ford would sell a lot more if people got to check it out ahead of time.
They did that with the Bronco. Each dealer got a "mannequin" which was for test drives but some chose to only use it as a display model. They had to keep it for 6 months before they were allowed to sell it but it was nice to at least be able to see one.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Perhaps.

Not sure what kind of crazy technology a 2012 Camry has in it, but sure.

Not being made to be repaired does not necessarily mean cheaply made.
A minor fender bender that pops the airbags will total it.
I'm reading that a lot of people are forced to park their 80's-90's Corvettes because there is a small electronic part that goes bad with age, is not available from GM or being reproduced, and the car won't run without it.
And don't even get me started on Cadillacs.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
A minor fender bender that pops the airbags will total it.
I'm reading that a lot of people are forced to park their 80's-90's Corvettes because there is a small electronic part that goes bad with age, is not available from GM or being reproduced, and the car won't run without it.
And don't even get me started on Cadillacs.
Yep, like I said. Not made to be repaired. A throwaway commodity.

Now tell me. In 1985, how many '75s were at the junkyard?
Sponsored