Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
And it will sit there for quite a while.
I am not defending dealers in any way possible. For the most, part they are all overly greedy people willing to lie, cheat, and steal to make a buck. But I do feel that some of these dealers put these insane markups on cars right now to keep them on the lot for test drives, and if some person comes along and says theyll pay 20k markup then they will sell it. Otherwise it will predictably sit on the lot so people can sample it and place an order for one from the factory.

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I am not defending dealers in any way possible. For the most, part they are all overly greedy people willing to lie, cheat, and steal to make a buck. But I do feel that some of these dealers put these insane markups on cars right now to keep them on the lot for test drives, and if some person comes along and says theyll pay 20k markup then they will sell it. Otherwise it will predictable sit on the lot so people can sample it and place an order for one from the factory.
^^^This.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Can the dealers not just say its not for sale, but is only on the lot as a demo and then sell it later as such once they get orders rolling?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Childs play I tell you, childs play. You should see some of the ADM's added to the big Bronco. They make that piddly 20K look like walking around change. As P.T. said, there's one born every minute, so it will probably sell.

andy07

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XL
I ended up here because I was tired of waiting on the one I ordered and dealing with mark ups like this. My local Ford dealership was selling "used" XL Mavericks for 39k. Sure I paid more for my Ranger but I got more truck anyways. The most ironic part was that I got an email while I was signing my Ranger paperwork that said I probably wouldn't get the one I ordered and would have to reorder it. ?‍♂

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I am not defending dealers in any way possible. For the most, part they are all overly greedy people willing to lie, cheat, and steal to make a buck. But I do feel that some of these dealers put these insane markups on cars right now to keep them on the lot for test drives, and if some person comes along and says theyll pay 20k markup then they will sell it. Otherwise it will predictable sit on the lot so people can sample it and place an order for one from the factory.
I see your point, as for myself though, seeing greed like that makes me stay away from giving them my business in any fashion.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The dealers are only doing this because there are to many who are willing to pay these ridiculous markups. I put the blame solely on the consumer. If they would STOP buying vehicles that are marked up, the dealers would be forced to sell them at a normal price like they always have.

A Fool.jpg

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The dealers are only doing this because there are to many who are willing to pay these ridiculous markups. I put the blame solely on the consumer. If they would STOP buying vehicles that are marked up, the dealers would be forced to sell them at a normal price like they always have.

A Fool.jpg
Dealers will never stop adding a ridiculous markup to popular vehicles because there are simply too many of the "Gotta Get It First" folks out there who are willing to be bent over to get it before the neighbors.

Or are just willing to get bent so that they can drive it home and then put it back on the market to bend over another Gotta Get It First even more.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dealers will never stop adding a ridiculous markup to popular vehicles because there are simply too many of the "Gotta Get It First" folks out there who are willing to be bent over to get it before the neighbors.

Or are just willing to get bent so that they can drive it home and then put it back on the market to bend over another Gotta Get It First even more.
That's why I said I blame the consumer. If people would stop buying them for these markups they'd have no choice. The only one I can remember that had these crazy markups was the F150 Raptor. Never have I seen one on a Ranger or any other Ford vehicle. Maybe the GT had one but I never checked those out.
Sponsored