Threads
Reaction score
Website
autio.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
@Autio Travel App by Kevin Costner
I had shoulder surgery on May 1st and had not driven my 2019 ranger since.
Got in today and it was completely dead.
Is there a system shut off / shutdown that kicked in after a period of non-op or likely the battery drained?
Any info greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Has happened to many of us on here, including me. Disconnect negative battery terminal for 2 min and reconnect. After this happened to me, I now carry a 10mm wrench in my door cubby. Some say this happens when the truck updates itself. I don't know what caused it in mine as I use my truck everyday.

RD_Kona

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
My wife and I were recently on a 14-day trip. Both my Ranger and her Bronco Sport started up with no issue.

We keep the vehicles locked in the garage and keep the keys in the kitchen so the vehicle is not reading the key as nearby and getting ready to start (a recommendation from a different vehicle forum).

Maybe deep sleep mode occurs when the vehicle receives the signal from the key fob as being nearby.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
This is possibly a case of the mysterious scenario where the truck will not start then after a 10-minute wait period or so, it magically starts without a jump start or battery charge.
Instead of battery disconnect, try pulling and reseating the PCM Power Relay, in the BJB under the hood.
I am trying to determine the root cause of this little quirk and am leaning towards that relay is the issue. (Stuck)
If you disconnect the battery, you are doing the same thing, but pulling the relay is quicker and requires no tool.
This is just a guess here and trying to find the exact root cause, and the PCM Power Relay is the most logical part of the system that would not allow the truck to start and then magically start 10 minutes later.
I know that most likely it will just need a jump start due to the time frame it has been sitting, the main thing would what the battery voltage is, if decent voltage of 11.0 volts or so then you should get something out of it, dash lights, chimes etc.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
After a month of no operation I would expect a dead battery.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Has happened to many of us on here, including me. Disconnect negative battery terminal for 2 min and reconnect. After this happened to me, I now carry a 10mm wrench in my door cubby. Some say this happens when the truck updates itself. I don't know what caused it in mine as I use my truck everyday.
$10 says that 10mm will have disappeared when you need it.

Bud

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL supper cab 2019 Volt 99 XK8 Jaguar
Occupation
Sailor
When I don't use my truck for a while I get a message that says something like "system shut off to preserve battery" The battery is almost 4 years old.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
My battery is currently measuring 3.85 volts. No lights, chimes, or nothing and just drove it last week.

Waiting for my battery booster jump starter to charge. If I'm not able to jump start it, its call the Ford Roadside to have her towed!

OP
OP
WheelMon

WheelMon

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Website
autio.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
@Autio Travel App by Kevin Costner
I had shoulder surgery on May 1st and had not driven my 2019 ranger since.
Got in today and it was completely dead.
Is there a system shut off / shutdown that kicked in after a period of non-op or likely the battery drained?
Any info greatly appreciated.