Durango

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
On the Left Information Display of my 2019 Lariat, I normally select Fuel Economy and I get my Avg MPG, plus the 4 vertical bars showing my historical mileage. And normally when I travel, I turn off the Auto Stop/Start.

Yesterday a strange thing happened when, to my knowledge, I didn't change any of the above. But now instead of seeing my Avg MPG and vertical gas mileage bars in the Left Display, I see the message "Deactivated by Driver", referring to the Auto Star/Stop.

Even if I go back through the setup and again select Fuel Economy, I still get this message.

Any ideas as to why I'm getting the message and how to turn it off? Thanks in advance..
Advertisement

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Mark. I will try that first thing in the morning.
actually before you do that. I have an xlt so I only have one screen but when I look at the fuel economy menu and scroll down I see the avg mpg and then the bar graph but the last item says auto start stop. I can't do anything in that menu item but maybe you can

OP
OP

Durango

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
retired
actually before you do that. I have an xlt so I only have one screen but when I look at the fuel economy menu and scroll down I see the avg mpg and then the bar graph but the last item says auto start stop. I can't do anything in that menu item but maybe you can
Mark, that was the hint that actually solved my problem. Holding the OK button for 3 seconds didn't help. But when I pressed the down arrow to scroll down.....there was the fuel economy info I wanted. Another press and there was the historical mileage data with the 4 vertical bars.

I'm still not sure how/why I suddenly started getting the message, but it's now gone. Thanks for your help.

P.S. I notice you are from Texas. I was born down in the Rio Grande Valley, went to high school in Marshall, then attended Texas A&M. I lived down on Galveston Island before I retired to Arkansas 23 years ago.

Advertisement

Advertisement