First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I know it's not a big deal, just an extra step to get to S mode, but why can't you shift directly into S mode. Why the stop in D, then depress the lever again to go to S?????
Sponsored

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Lol I love the S in town from red light to red light. Gas milage be damned I really dont care. But boy ohh boy it really wakes up that lazy transmission. Dont get me wrong I do love this transmission, but just a lil lazy in slow traffic. I know a tune will resolve that, I'll just save the money and enjoy the Shite out of that S!!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I love the S in town from red light to red light. Gas milage be damned I really dont care. But boy ohh boy it really wakes up that lazy transmission. Dont get me wrong I do love this transmission, but just a lil lazy in slow traffic. I know a tune will resolve that, I'll just save the money and enjoy the Shite out of that S!!
I never go in D...always S...big fat tire leveled 500lbs extra weight...19 country mpg...22 highway ?

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
I never go in D...always S...big fat tire leveled 500lbs extra weight...19 country mpg...22 highway ?
I know what you mean. I'm running 295/70/17's the Lie-o-meter says I get a constant 16.5mpg. On paper I get right at 19. I've got to recal the that under the hidden menu, but it really hasn't been a huge issue for me. Just wished SCT would finally get off their duff and correct the tire size for us.

UncleBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 2WD in Magnetic
Occupation
Retired
My only annoyance is that you have to pull the lever to go from D back into Neutral. This is the first vehicle (with auto) I have ever had to act that way. I can't figure why they made that change.

When sitting idling in drive and you want to slap it into neutral while you change your foot foot position or some other minor thing, You can't do that easily. You have to reach and grab the handle to pull the lever to move the handle. Very annoying.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I generally keep it in D for city driving but S for freeways and hills. I notice that on inclines the D can be uncertain at the get-go, like it is not sure which gear it wants, and the truck lags a bit. With S, it rips right into hills with no hesitation. Likewise, on the freeway, especially upon entering or accelerating to get out of the way of some dangerous idiot, the acceleration in S is much better, and safer for everyone! Sure, there is a bit of a hit to MPG with S, but modest and well worth it!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I know what you mean. I'm running 295/70/17's the Lie-o-meter says I get a constant 16.5mpg. On paper I get right at 19. I've got to recal the that under the hidden menu, but it really hasn't been a huge issue for me. Just wished SCT would finally get off their duff and correct the tire size for us.
I recalibrated my speedo and milage to match my 285/70-17 and now they're right on...I really do get 19 country (60mph with occasional stop/go) and 22 at steady 70+ mph ?

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Sounds like a first world problem....I must admit, after driving manual transmissions since 1986 that I miss the driver involvement; this can be slightly mitigated by using S mode and shifting manually...still not the same as mashing on the skinny one and dumping the clutch...the power and torque of the ecoboost somewhat makes up for it though :like:

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Been using it in hopes of keeping RPMs up for initial break-in of the motor, seat the rings and pray for no excess fuel in the oil.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a first world problem....I must admit, after driving manual transmissions since 1986 that I miss the driver involvement; this can be slightly mitigated by using S mode and shifting manually...still not the same as mashing on the skinny one and dumping the clutch...the power and torque of the ecoboost somewhat makes up for it though :like:
Me too, man, I miss the manual transmissions with a real clutch and do not like the manual shifting alternatives. If it has to be an automatic, I will just leave it to do the shifting for me, the computer knows what it is doing. But, yeah, this is a First World thing, and I am happy to put it in Sport and enjoy the power of the Eco-boost 2.3!
Sponsored