Custom engine cover

Azriq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER XLT SUPERCREW, 1966 FORD MUSTANG 331 STROKER, 2010 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS
I'm not entirely pleased as this was my first attempt at Hydro-dipping (and it shows). Here is my engine cover. I'll probably try it again so it's a little clearer and a deeper blue. Started out painting it white and then dipped it followed by clear-coat. Trying to dress up the engine compartment a little. Hydro-dipping is a lot harder then I thought.
eng covera.jpg

eng coverb.jpg

eng coverc.jpg

engcovere.jpg

engcoverf.jpg
Sponsored

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
I'm not entirely pleased as this was my first attempt at Hydro-dipping (and it shows). Here is my engine cover. I'll probably try it again so it's a little clearer and a deeper blue. Started out painting it white and then dipped it followed by clear-coat. Trying to dress up the engine compartment a little. Hydro-dipping is a lot harder then I thought.
eng covera.jpg

eng coverb.jpg

eng coverc.jpg

engcovere.jpg

engcoverf.jpg
I actually like this.....

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
For me I found what ever kind of closed cell foam this is it doesn’t like getting painted! I detailed the Ford emblem with silver enamel paint. Let it dry and then just handling the thing it started flaking off. Looked like crap, so…. This is what I ended up with. Think someone else on here saw the same light too! ?

503E1094-B5ED-4EDE-878A-316CE80E8781.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
For me I found what ever kind of closed cell foam this is it doesn’t like getting painted! I detailed the Ford emblem with silver enamel paint. Let it dry and then just handling the thing it started flaking off. Looked like crap, so…. This is what I ended up with. Think someone else on here saw the same light too! ?
Rick, that looks great and your neighbour will never see it so he‘ll never find out where his missing blue oval badge got to.

JeffWoodall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4
Occupation
Security, Retired military (20 yrs), retired law enforcement (15 yrs)
Vehicle Showcase

503E1094-B5ED-4EDE-878A-316CE80E8781.jpeg
I like that, and not being an ass, but I'd worry about that coming loose over time and causing some damage. I'm sure it's cemented/glued in there, but with the temp variation in the engine compartment, I would be too concerned to do this, even though it looks sharp.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
I like that, and not being an ass, but I'd worry about that coming loose over time and causing some damage. I'm sure it's cemented/glued in there, but with the temp variation in the engine compartment, I would be too concerned to do this, even though it looks sharp.
Haha! Trust me I thought the same thing. Had visions of it ricocheting off my fan and turning the engine compartment into my personal pinball machine! ?

It’s on there, peg clips from the back and used a ton of hot glue underneath emblem. Gonna take some major action to get it off now.

theclaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FX Off Road
Did you make these or is this something you can order?
(did I say I'm a Ranger Newbie?)
jeff

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Did you make these or is this something you can order?
(did I say I'm a Ranger Newbie?)
jeff
Got the Ford emblem off EBay. It’s the 5” one if I remember right.

The foam engine cover you order from Ford. Because it became a collectors item the price is higher.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
eng covera.jpg

eng coverb.jpg

eng coverc.jpg

engcovere.jpg

engcoverf.jpg
this is a good first try, I was going to dip the cover as well.
Sponsored