ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
So I grabbed groceries with my wife at Walmart yesterday and piling bags all over the backseat, then stopping and folding up the seat bottom, wait that was a cluster too. Let's do this. Let's find a hack to get the backseat to fold flat without a crazy modification to mounts and reward that person with orders for the kit, YouTube subs TikTok hearts, Facebook likes, Pinterest saves, Instagram loves
Sponsored

Last edited:

berlow94

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 1987 BMW 325IS Track car, 1979 Mazda RX7
Are you using a SuperCab or Supercrew?

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I’m with you on this. Today I had my bag containing all the stuff I take with me to mountain bike(shoes, gloves, helmet, tools, etc), as well as my truck organizer(this is my first truck). Seat folded up isn’t beneficial since the floor isn’t flat, and the seat back doesn’t fold down enough.

OP
OP
ldr01rl

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
The rear seat needs be a split. If you're gonna come up with a solution is has to check that box.

OP
OP
ldr01rl

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe we could use a donor seat, like a 2004-2012 Colorado/Canyon rear seat with cupholders?
Its split, folds flat and had cupholders but not center rest.
Which SUV or Small truck had a tumble bench seat in the second or third row we could use?

OP
OP
ldr01rl

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 74lb Husky. It doesn't work for him

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
The one disappointing part about the Ranger is the rear seat folding arrangement. Like @RANGER PRIDE stated, I think there will be some big hurdles. Anything can be done with enough $$ but getting it so that it works and retains the seat functionality will be an interesting challenge. I look forward to this thread's potential!

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
I have a 74lb Husky. It doesn't work for him
really? my 80 lb mal prefers riding in the back seat(with dog hammock) vs the bed of the truck (with canopy).

agree though, the way the rear seat folds is not helpful other than just accessing the storage under/behind.

I'd like to just make an easy way to remove the entire bottom cushion and put a flat panel in place. give the dog a flatter/deeper space to ride, but make it easy to swap back if I (rarely) have passengers to ride back there. I realize this probably isn't ideal for a lot of people though.

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Back seat of a Gen2 Colorado checks all the boxes. Maybe when I get home I'll take some measurements.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
good luck.
with Fords deep pockets, they were unable to find a solution that worked.
whether its because they tried, or did not try, you have some serious hurdles to overcome to keep a wide range of people happy with the result.
With multiple other mid-size trucks having more functional rear seating/interior storage options than the Ranger, I'd be hesitant to say that Ford was unable to find a solution that worked. It seems more like this being the result of something the designer/penny pinchers had either not even considered or felt that there was not large enough consumer want/need when this particular generation (T6) was launched in 2011 or with the face lift release in 2015. I suspect the next generation would have a better option for the rear seats and interior storage provided there is enough perceived consumer demand for it.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had a look at this the other night. Doesn't look like a big deal, I think I could do it. Just a matter of finding the time to mess with it. I would replace the bracket that attaches the back seat to the hinge, nothing with the base has to change. Unless I'm just totally missing something, the fact that this wasn't factory was either laziness or bean counting.
Sponsored