First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Idk if anyone even tried to pull the front rears out before cutting them?
But I did. You only need about 2 mm to get them out.
There's absolutely no reason to have to cut them!
A small tap of the hammer and you got enough clearance. Threw a rag over it, tap, tap. Slid right out. If you need to you can take a pair of pliers and bend that little flange back if you want. I didn't cuz its actually flush with the body now.
Just check before you start hacking s**t up! Now I also have the the factory bars sitting in my garage if I ever need them.
IMG_20210320_100057371.jpg

IMG_20210320_105634205.jpg
Sponsored

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
it depends on the aftermarket bars you go with. the fabtech do require it. the readylift do not look like they require it.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
it depends on the aftermarket bars you go with. the fabtech do require it. the readylift do not look like they require it.
We're talking about "removal." They're all the same. There's nothing to cut to "install" new ones. You're dealing with the same exact stock mounts.

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
We're talking about "removal." They're all the same. There's nothing to cut to "install" new ones. You're dealing with the same exact stock mounts.
I believe the Fabtech bars require the OEM bars to be cut and left in place. In addition, the nuts welded at the bottom have to be cut off. These bars mount over the existing mount instead of inside like the stock bars.

https://fabtechmotorsports.com/instructions/FT22296i.pdf

This and the price is the reason I went with the BDS bars.

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
I would assume it is partly the brand name of Fabtech. ?‍♂
Pfft.? Look at all the extra work they're doing for the same result. Nobody is gonna see your Fabtech sticker inside your wheel well. ?

Kawffin

First Name
Marlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Cultivation technician II
Vehicle Showcase
Idk if anyone even tried to pull the front rears out before cutting them?
But I did. You only need about 2 mm to get them out.
There's absolutely no reason to have to cut them!
A small tap of the hammer and you got enough clearance. Threw a rag over it, tap, tap. Slid right out. If you need to you can take a pair of pliers and bend that little flange back if you want. I didn't cuz its actually flush with the body now.
Just check before you start hacking s**t up! Now I also have the the factory bars sitting in my garage if I ever need them.
IMG_20210320_100057371.jpg

IMG_20210320_105634205.jpg
Did you remove the front bumper ?

OP
OP

Jms81661

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Ranger Sport
Occupation
Truck Driver
Did you remove the front bumper ?
No. Just loosened the front bars and pushed them forward. They move pretty far. Just put my 285/70/17's on yesterday. They're miles away from the front bar. Mind you I do have an RC
3 1/2" lift.

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
bringing this thread back up. So you’re saying for the front bars you can just loosen the two bolts and the OEM bars will come out? I’d love to avoid cutting if I can

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
bringing this thread back up. So you’re saying for the front bars you can just loosen the two bolts and the OEM bars will come out? I’d love to avoid cutting if I can
Not quite so simple as that but still pretty easy - remove valance, loosen bumper, remove crash bar bolts, slide bars out.

Sometimes you can loosen the crash bar bolts, angle the crash bars forward and it gives you an extra 1/4” clearance.

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor 2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Occupation
Logistics
I took mine out without do anything but removing the bolts and applying a little penetrant to make it easier to wiggle them out. The rears however need to be cut unless you want to take half the truck apart. I plasma cut the rears out of mine. If I sell the truck they can have the ReadyLift bars.

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Yea I guess I don’t understand how you guys did any of that. I’ve been out here for an hour and can’t get the front trim off (clips won’t budge) or move the bars forward or any direction for that matter. The end of bar Keeps getting caught

image.jpg

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Update: got those clips out. I think Bc my truck is brand new (312 miles) the clips were just thought then expected. Always have that fear of too much force and breaking a clip. But once I got that done, I was able to unbolt one side of the bumper and have my wife pulled it up a little bit for me and I slid the crash bar right out. Revolted that side and ended the same with the other side. What’s great about this too as I was able to get that plastic trim piece out that covers the fog light, so I could install my new Baja fogs as well. Of course it started a storm on me so I have to go out and finish the lights tomorrow but at least I have this accomplished without cutting.
Now for the rear, may cut those from what I’ve read lol
Sponsored