Cost to lift our Rangers

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, wanted to ask everyone who paid to get their lifts installed how much they ended up paying and differing costs per job/labor hours.

Interested in 2.5 coil over and new rear shocks. Then I start thinking might want new uca’s and add a leaf in the back. Tried talking to stage3motors and online rep could help(seemed odd).

Any insight appreciated.

DMAX
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Kit's vary from under $500 to over $4000...depending on your needs...The labor will be a BIG CHUNK...DIY and save...

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Kit's vary from under $500 to over $4000...depending on your needs...The labor will be a BIG CHUNK...DIY and save...
I feel like the Labor cost of replacing springs/shocks shouldn’t be more than 300$ or so.

Last edited:

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
I want to say I paid maybe 1000-1100 for fox shox front and back. I installed it myself, maybe if I had to redo them about 3-4 hours total. That’s just one person with random help here and there. Not sure what the going price for installation is.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like the replacing of springs/shocks shouldn’t be more than 300$ or so.
Which kit are you referring to? My Eibach Pro is over $500 even with discount...

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Which kit are you referring to? My Eibach Pro is over $500 even with discount...
Cost of shocks and coils vary. The install of such shouldn’t be more than 300. Then throw in an alignment correct?

psweeney

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 (well, it started that way)
Depending on what performance level you're looking for the cost can be lower or higher. Some basic coilovers using factory control arms, etc you can get a lift, but your geometry won't be quite right and you'll put a lot of stress on your joints, spindles, etc. (And have a really hard time getting it to cycle properly/get the travel out of them/align it/etc).

Mine (King 2.5 extended travel with adjusters, remote resis, custom valving, etc) front and rear (and currently working on more customizing of those), UCA's, working on my own rear leafs will probably come out somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10k just in parts. Not to mention all the labor time figuring out how to optimize it all for the Ranger to make it (even as it sits now and working on a lot more) cycle more travel than the Aussie Raptor.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Cost of shocks and coils vary. The install of such shouldn’t be more than 300. Then throw in an alignment correct?
Perhaps...I consider Eibach a lower end quality kit...but there could be other cheaper options if you so choose. Installation? Depends who you trust...I got a quote from a off road shop for over $800...I know right? I didn't want to spend a few hundred with anyone else who had zero experience with the Ranger...like me...so I was the cheapest and most reliable option. Alignment is around $60 ($180 if you want life time)...

LRB45

First Name
LONNY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
I can say for my 6" BDS full kit with all the options I ended up at $4,240 out the door excluding wheels/ tires. Of that $1,500 was the labor but these kits do require a lot of work in my opinion compared to all the other lifts.
I didn't even consider a leveling kit so I don't have a comparison on those.

coblueberryranger

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
@Dmax I'm in the Denver area and I installed the Eibach kit myself. Outsourced the spring compression (~100) and alignment(~90) and thats about it (I'm sure you can get the numbers you want for alignment if you look more in depth than I did, I was in a rush). The quotes I received from many installers, lowest being about $400, and most were a few weeks out. I'd recommend doing it yourself if you're looking to save a few bucks.

If you get a new coilover kit I'd be more than willing to help you install it or give you tips, granted my torque numbers aren't perfect on each bolt (some just tightened to what felt right), but this was my second time around, as I installed the fordrangerlifts spacers and then the eibach.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Dmax I'm in the Denver area and I installed the Eibach kit myself. Outsourced the spring compression (~100) and alignment(~90) and thats about it (I'm sure you can get the numbers you want for alignment if you look more in depth than I did, I was in a rush). The quotes I received from many installers, lowest being about $400, and most were a few weeks out. I'd recommend doing it yourself if you're looking to save a few bucks.

If you get a new coilover kit I'd be more than willing to help you install it or give you tips, granted my torque numbers aren't perfect on each bolt (some just tightened to what felt right), but this was my second time around, as I installed the fordrangerlifts spacers and then the eibach.

Thanks!!! I keep you posted.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
$300 is way too low for someone to install front coilovers and rear shocks, even more so if you’re doing UCAs. If it were that cheap, I’d be seriously worried about the quality of work. I was quoted $1100 for install of my Icon Stage 2 (which includes UCAs) and that price included alignment but I ended up doing the install myself.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Ford dealership charged $712 to install the Ford Fox leveling kit, Fabtech crash bar kit, and alignment.

Gavin stevens

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat
I originally put the rough country 2.5 front leveling kit on.. was about $500 labor...

I'm not wanting to get a 6" lift and put some 20" wheels and tires on...

Any suggestions ? for the lift ? I've seen the RC 6", havent seen BDS, any others ?
Sponsored