Complaining about the ride (Jeep vs Ranger comparison)?

Julie dominesey

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt fx4 and a 2018 Ford f 150 xlt fx4
so my girlfriends f150 is in the shop , I also have a f 150 fx4 besides my ranger xlt fx4 .. girlfriends rental car is a 2018 cherokee .. what a piece of shit !!! It rides worse than the ranger .. tge seats are stiff as hell .. you feel every damn jolt in the road more than the ranger with it’s off road tuned suspension .. and the road noise on that Cherokee is horrible .. if you wanted a luxury truck you should have bought one , but comparing ranger to jeeps luxury suv ? .. Jeep’s suv is bumpy , noisy , hard seats , all in all a piece of shit , ranger much better ... f 150 .... rides like a recliner compared to the ranger ..oh I run 40 psi in ranger and f 150 .. and I’m happy with tge ride .. a little bumpy in the ranger , but shit it’s a truck .. and it goes off road really well by the way
Sponsored

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It rides like a Jeep. Those are vehicles you should never expect a smooth ride in

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
I think the ranger rides smooth but it is a little bouncy but not in a rough way .. I’m very satisfied with the ride in the ranger

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I came from a jeep, and yes, it's ride is brutal, especially in the Midwest where the roads look like the surface of the moon. Is it a Cherokee, or a Grand Cherokee? There's a big difference.

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
I came from a jeep, and yes, it's ride is brutal, especially in the Midwest where the roads look like the surface of the moon. Is it a Cherokee, or a Grand Cherokee? There's a big difference.
I also came from a Jeep (Wrangler) and the Ranger feels like I am riding on pillows in comparison!

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Ram consistently has the highest rating for ride comfort on full size trucks due to the coil link suspension vrs leaf springs. Interestingly enough the Jeep JT is going to have the same coil link suspension as well as a longer wheelbase 137 vrs 126 than the Ranger. The Dana solid front axle on the JT may roughen the ride up a bit. I’m looking forward to comparing the ride on both but won’t be surprised if the JT is comparable.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
I traded a 2015 Cherokee for the ranger and couldn't be happier. There wasn't much I actually like about the jeep after owning it for a few years. I miss my push start and keyless entry but honestly that's it, and not specific to either mfr because I know I could have gotten if I really wanted to wait on the ranger

sjeagles

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Occupation
Public Safety
Vehicle Showcase
Ram consistently has the highest rating for ride comfort on full size trucks due to the coil link suspension vrs leaf springs. Interestingly enough the Jeep JT is going to have the same coil link suspension as well as a longer wheelbase 137 vrs 126 than the Ranger. The Dana solid front axle on the JT may roughen the ride up a bit. I’m looking forward to comparing the ride on both but won’t be surprised if the JT is comparable.
Heard speculation that the pricing of the JT is going to be through the roof once they announce it. I had a JK and it rode horrible, forget trying to go over 60 on a windy day, white knuckling it trying to keep it on the road.

kjbeggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
I went from an F150 Raptor to a '15 Trailhawk (and have regretted it ever since, not that I dislike the TH, but I miss that Raptor).
I've got an FX4 Ranger Lariat on order that I'll be trading the TH for.
Sounds like I'll be pretty happy.

Lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe/Tundra/Fusion
Heard speculation that the pricing of the JT is going to be through the roof once they announce it. I had a JK and it rode horrible, forget trying to go over 60 on a windy day, white knuckling it trying to keep it on the road.
JT is completely different vehicle than the JK and different frame and rear suspension and around a20” longer wheelbase than the JL. Pricing is all rumors but consumer reports and several other publications think it will start at around 34k. The base model will be a Sport crew cab 4x4 with Dana 44s front and rear. MSRP on Ranger Crew XL 4x4 starts at 32k. Might not be as much of a difference as much as some people are guessing.

djrobb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma 4dr Sport Long Bed
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, hopefully the ride on the Gladiator is better than the JL with the suspension shift. I’m curious if they have given that truck the right engine. 285hp and 260 torque sound low once you think about the tires a lot of people will run on that truck.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I think the ranger rides smooth but it is a little bouncy but not in a rough way .. I’m very satisfied with the ride in the ranger
My '01 Ranger Edge (114"WB) while still street comfy, is set up so I can run over a dime and tell you what year it was... The new Ranger is a luxury car!!
Sponsored