First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shadow Black XLT CC 2x4
Occupation
Utility Water Pipefitter
Vehicle Showcase
Unsure what happened, but I noticed earlier tonight that my truck is clearly pointed East, but when I'm on the "home" page on my infotainment screen, it thinks it's going North? I cannot find anything about calibrating the compass at all? Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
Advertisement

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Unsure what happened, but I noticed earlier tonight that my truck is clearly pointed East, but when I'm on the "home" page on my infotainment screen, it thinks it's going North? I cannot find anything about calibrating the compass at all? Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!
im not certain but i think the gps system is what tells the direction to the on screen compass. id bet its just a signal loss issue. drive around in a open area for a little bit and i bet it will catch up and point the correct heading.

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shadow Black XLT CC 2x4
Occupation
Utility Water Pipefitter
Vehicle Showcase
im not certain but i think the gps system is what tells the direction to the on screen compass. id bet its just a signal loss issue. drive around in a open area for a little bit and i bet it will catch up and point the correct heading.
Cool, I'll see what it does on the way to work this morning. I usually never look at it, but I did last night, LOL! In my old 2003 Ranger, I did the Explorer compass/temp conversion and I remember you had to find a huge, empty parking lot and drive in big circles 3 or 4 times, before it was calibrated, LOL! I'm glad technology has improved greatly since then! :D

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT, 2017 BMW X5
Maybe it’s a sign and you should follow the truck’s lead. Perhaps fame and fortune awaits somewhere up North.

Advertisement

Advertisement