First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Hey Guys. Since I got my Ranger I've seen maybe 2, 3 at the most Rangers used for Commercial use.
Saw one earlier today for a Pool business.
Any thoughts or input on how the 2.3 would hold up long term..lots of idling, short trips, especially in city driving with the turbo?
No doubt the truck-structure-wise would give excellent service, but to the people in the know, how would these ecoboosts hold up long term, commercial-wise?
Does Ford recommend the Ranger for Commercial Use, or have a program going?
Just curious
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've seen a few here in AZ used for commercial use, one was a pool company too. I don't see why Ford would care how theyre used as it's a truck doing things intended for truck use. As long as they're not getting overloaded on a daily basis the standard warranty will cover anything that would occur.

Heck I can see the Maverick getting much more commercial use than the Ranger. These will be ideal for pool companies, small repairs and handyman. I'd bet the "weekend warriors" will overload them more than any contractor will.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys. Since I got my Ranger I've seen maybe 2, 3 at the most Rangers used for Commercial use.
Any thoughts or input on how the 2.3 would hold up long term..lots of idling, short trips, especially in city driving with the turbo?
No doubt the truck-structure-wise would give excellent service, but to the people in the know, how would these ecoboosts hold up long term, commercial-wise?
Just curious
I see these all the time in FL being used by municipalities. This one caught my eye because of the lift gate.
1652997737933.jpeg

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I've seen a few here in AZ used for commercial use, one was a pool company too. I don't see why Ford would care how theyre used as it's a truck doing things intended for truck use. As long as they're not getting overloaded on a daily basis the standard warranty will cover anything that would occur.

Heck I can see the Maverick getting much more commercial use than the Ranger. These will be ideal for pool companies, small repairs and handyman. I'd bet the "weekend warriors" will overload them more than any contractor will.
I just saw a white Maverick XL over the weekend in use as a commercial vehicle.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just saw a white Maverick XL over the weekend in use as a commercial vehicle.
That's awesome. I think once more are produced we'll start seeing them used more and more for commercial use. Especially now with gas going through the roof I think they'll become even more popular.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious
Hi Mike,

Ford has a DSO area, Dealer Special Order that handles the commercial duty aspects of Rangers.

Best,
Phil

HDA

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT Shadow Black
Occupation
Travel X-ray Tech
They're everywhere here in the bay area, they're all white with 6ft beds.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I see these all the time in FL being used by municipalities. This one caught my eye because of the lift gate.
1652997737933.jpeg
Now that’s one heck of a tailgate damper!

That lift gate is for the muni worker to load those heavy traffic cones in the back.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Now that’s one heck of a tailgate damper!

That lift gate is for the muni worker to load those heavy traffic cones in the back.
Sure is. He's so weak for having that oversized damper he can't even lift a traffic cone! :shock:

QCRanger48

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I've seen my fair share of Rangers being used as commercial vehicles in AZ, a few being used by municipalities and utility companies. Even seen a Maverick that's being used as a commerical vehicle.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Most of the Rangers I see in the wild are commercial vehicles. There's a large commercial landscape company here that uses them and an engineering firm that I see a lot of.

OP
OP
MikeyB

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
My kid works for the water district near us and he drives one every day. All stop and go municipal kind of stuff. Holding up well. It's a 2019. Our city has two or three as well
Sponsored