Colorado Fires

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
If you need a place to stay, you are welcome here. It’ll be…cozy… but we’ll take as many as we can. Sadly, we don’t have additional beds, but we have an air mattress and sleeping pads for camping. Let us know how we can help.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
If you need a place to stay, you are welcome here. It’ll be…cozy… but we’ll take as many as we can. Sadly, we don’t have additional beds, but we have an air mattress and sleeping pads for camping. Let us know how we can help.
very good of you to offer! hope everyone is safe.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
We are still trying to get ahold of family up there. Great aunt and uncle in their mid 90s and a cousin. If we don’t hear from them today I may head up to stay at another cousins Brighton
I pray your family is okay.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
This is really good of you, we had two families living with us after the Camp fire, one couple in the guest room and one w/2 kids in the RV for 3 weeks, least we could do, so many lost everything.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Our former next door neighbor that is 94 lives in a retirement complex in Lewisville..the fire came within 1½ miles of their place and she was under mandatory evacuation orders...fortunately her daughter lives north of Longmont and was able to get to her and take her out of harms way. We got a call from her that she was safe but very worried about her apartment. Turns out that she was given the okay to return to the retirement complex but is required to boil water before drinking it. Many people were not so lucky.. Sad way to end 2021...

Best,
Phil

OP
OP
Colo_Ranger

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
This is really good of you, we had two families living with us after the Camp fire, one couple in the guest room and one w/2 kids in the RV for 3 weeks, least we could do, so many lost everything.
I am fortunate in this disaster. My home wasn't affected, as I am quite a bit east of the burn area. My part time job, however, was burned and the building is going to be a complete tear down. If I can help, I am going to. It sounds like a coworker might need a place to stay for a bit.

Our former next door neighbor that is 94 lives in a retirement complex in Lewisville..the fire came within 1½ miles of their place and she was under mandatory evacuation orders...fortunately her daughter lives north of Longmont and was able to get to her and take her out of harms way. We got a call from her that she was safe but very worried about her apartment. Turns out that she was given the okay to return to the retirement complex but is required to boil water before drinking it. Many people were not so lucky.. Sad way to end 2021...

Best,
Phil
Glad she is okay, my part time job was in Louisville. It moved crazy fast. My boss at the cigar shop (part time job) said the bushes outside the shop were on fire when he left.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

Best,
Phil
louisville - not to be confused with Leadville . Friend of mine's house is gone, our daughter had to evac for the night but her place is ok . Those winds howl thru the Eldorado Canyon area, Coal Creek Golf course pretty much burnt up. Gonna be even more costly to insure homes in the Denver area going forward.

Forgot to mention heard old town superior is destroyed, don't know about Louisville, those places had some decent restaurants and rustic charm.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Forgot to mention heard old town superior is destroyed, don't know about Louisville, those places had some decent restaurants and rustic charm.
I believe old town Louisville is intact.

I live out east in Brighton. But our delivery area Thursay night, Longmont Dairy, is Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, among some other areas. Made for a wild night.

Seems as though just the western edge of Loiusville got it.

Satellite-detection-map-Marshall-Fire-205-p.m.-MST-Dec.-30-2021-2.jpg

@Colo_Ranger

Was the cigar shop you worked at the one on the west side of McCaslin, north of 36?

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
The 2017 hailstorm caused over $1.4 B in damages, I would expect this fire is going to surpass that . I lived in the Standley Lake area and my home owners increased annually to around $3k , moving to a semi rural area in SW CO I am now paying half that. Was happy to get away from the Denver area after 40yrs living there.
Sponsored