Climate Control

Voltune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT 4x4 Supercab (302A)
I am playing around with the Climate Control on my XLT as I prepare for fall/winter. I noticed that when set to “Auto” and no matter what I set the temperature to (up to 85 degrees/high), the A/C light never turns off. Is A/C supposed to be on all the time when on Auto? I know I can manually press the A/C button and it will turn off, but is there a technical reason why Auto keeps it turned on? Will this cause more wear and tear in the A/C?

What seems to be the consensus for heating the inside? Auto or manual and do you turn the A/C off?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I don't have this on my XL, but on our car, the A/C is on till your press A/C, then it's off..

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
I am playing around with the Climate Control on my XLT as I prepare for fall/winter. I noticed that when set to “Auto” and no matter what I set the temperature to (up to 85 degrees/high), the A/C light never turns off. Is A/C supposed to be on all the time? Seems odd.

What seems to be the consensus for heating the inside? Auto or manual?
Auto will adjust the cabin temperature based on the user set temp using either air or heat, which ever is appropriate. The a/c is also on all the time to adjust the humidity level of the cabin to help keep the windows from fogging.

OP
OP
Voltune

Voltune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 XLT 4x4 Supercab (302A)
The a/c is also on all the time to adjust the humidity level of the cabin to help keep the windows from fogging.
Thank you. I guess I’ll leave it on Auto then and not worry about the A/C as it’s working as designed.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Thank you. I guess I’ll leave it on Auto then and not worry about the A/C as it’s working as designed.
You're welcome. I first learned about this with my '10 Escape Limited.

Recoil1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, 2017 Escape SE
I am playing around with the Climate Control on my XLT as I prepare for fall/winter. I noticed that when set to “Auto” and no matter what I set the temperature to (up to 85 degrees/high), the A/C light never turns off. Is A/C supposed to be on all the time when on Auto? I know I can manually press the A/C button and it will turn off, but is there a technical reason why Auto keeps it turned on? Will this cause more wear and tear in the A/C?

What seems to be the consensus for heating the inside? Auto or manual and do you turn the A/C off?
After much research for the same thing on my Ranger, I found the systems will try to bring the cabin to around 70 deg. So depending on your climate and outside temp this could mean using either A/C or heat to achieve this temp. There is no way to change this outside of taking it off of auto and setting it to use "last used"
Sponsored