Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I've been trying to track down an issue for a little while now, I noticed that a recent upgrade to my USB charger it seems that it wasn't always making a good connection, especially on off-road trips, but after digging into it, it looks like it was fine in circumference, but the lead on the end sometimes stops making a connection.

I also have a new plug I'm trying for a temporary chase light that also uses the 12V plug, and it seems to have the same issue, though it makes even better contact around the sides.

Has anyone had an issue with our plugs? If so, have you found a solution to the depth of them to maintain better contact?

Sponsored

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
I used a Ridgid 100 watt power inverter in my truck and it was snug, I would say the issue lies with whatever you're plugging into the cigarette lighter adapter. Looks like you're able to wiggle it pretty easily. How many other devices do you have that can plug into the CLA's? Is the issue just with the one device or numerous?

OP
OP
Gizmokid2005

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I used a Ridgid 100 watt power inverter in my truck and it was snug, I would say the issue lies with whatever you're plugging into the cigarette lighter adapter. Looks like you're able to wiggle it pretty easily. How many other devices do you have that can plug into the CLA's? Is the issue just with the one device or numerous?
I have this issue with multiple plugs (some are worse than others), and both of the 12v plugs have the same problem. It's just like the outlet has been altered to be just a little too deep somehow.

WhiteBeastRangerNick

First Name
Nickolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Crew
Occupation
Field Calibration Technician
I've been trying to track down an issue for a little while now, I noticed that a recent upgrade to my USB charger it seems that it wasn't always making a good connection, especially on off-road trips, but after digging into it, it looks like it was fine in circumference, but the lead on the end sometimes stops making a connection.

I also have a new plug I'm trying for a temporary chase light that also uses the 12V plug, and it seems to have the same issue, though it makes even better contact around the sides.

Has anyone had an issue with our plugs? If so, have you found a solution to the depth of them to maintain better contact?

I’ve had to replace both plugs twice now. They’re very low quality and the solder on the back of them sucks so the positive lead stops making contact. I’m now replacing both plugs with after market plugs and rewiring.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I have a problem with the plugs too. They keep coming out. Has happened many times. Cant tell you what the fix is. I just keep pushing them back in. Annoying I know ?

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
There is an inappropriate joke here. But I have the issue with the AC plug in the back. Dealer is looking at it now.
Sponsored