First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
That's crazy! At my local Fry's it's a .40 difference but lucky I have a Sam's Club membership and split a Costco one with someone else. At least they're always cheaper than the regular stations.

Btw you're math is a little off...it's .20 higher. lol ?

IMG_3549.PNG
Hey now Easy Dave :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I'll cut you some slack.... I know you went to pUblix skool. :giggle:
Unlike ummm Dave, who went to Pembrose Academy and Horseback Riding School....?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Well mine was always going to be a MY'22 so I'm not all that concerned. My bigger fear is gas shooting up and if that happens I'll just cancel it and as I don't need one,I want one. ?‍♂
And there it is brother. When we get to a certain age it's not about what we need anymore, it's about what we want. The wife, and I lived way below our means for many years just to get where we are today. I thank the Lord he let us get here, and get some of the things we want these days. I've never seen an armored car following a hearse. :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
And there it is brother. When we get to a certain age it's not about what we need anymore, it's about what we want. The wife, and I lived way below our means for many years just to get where we are today. I thank the Lord he let us get here, and get some of the things we want these days.
Same here buddy. I've lived comfortable and below my means for most of my life. I'm 100% all in on this Bronco but my fear is gas just getting so out of control. It's hard to spend that kind of money if it reaches $4-$5/gal for just a toy to cruise around and off road in but I guess we'll have to cross that bridge if/when we get there. Right now this chip shortage could be very bad for the economy come mid year.

I've never seen an armored car following a hearse. :like:
That's because the funeral home took your very last dime! ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
... I'm 100% all in on this Bronco but my fear is gas just getting so out of control. ...
Better prep the g/f, she'll be working 3 jobs to "help" cover fuel expenses ;):inlove:

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer
Has anyone noticed this changing their build dates on orders? I was given a build week of 8 Feb by the dealer. I was pretty sure the first time I checked myself on the Ford site (I have a VIN) that it also said 8 Feb there too. Now, the page has nothing for the Production date.

Either the date was never there, or it got pushed to some undetermined date past 8 Feb. Not a huge deal either way - just more time we have to do a down payment. I would like to have it before a fishing trip 350 miles away First week in April. Originally I was told late Feb / early March for delivery. The fishing trip also got pushed earlier by 2 weeks due to Pa changing the date due to covid.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hopefully there's no damage to the plant or this could add to the already bad chip shortage.

https://www.usnews.com/news/technol...p-plant-closed-monday-for-quake-damage-checks

Renesas Keeps Advanced Chip Plant Closed Monday for Quake Damage Checks

"We are conducting safety checks on the plant's clean room, where hazardous chemicals are used," a spokeswoman for Renesas said.
The company is also checking for disruptions to supplies of materials it uses to manufacture semiconductors, she added.
Any prolonged disruptions could further squeeze global chip supplies amid a shortage that has already forced some carmakers to curtail production.
The Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) has warned that aftershocks could last for several days.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
The chip shortage is bad for all of the industry I'm afraid. I'm seeing it in my line of work as well. But I'm not a fan of the misconception that we're getting all of our semiconductors overseas. Per the Semiconductor Industry Association: "A common misconception, even among knowledgeable policymakers and industry stakeholders, is that semiconductor manufacturing has gone the way of other electronics that are manufactured mostly overseas. This is false. In fact, U.S. semiconductor companies do the majority of their manufacturing in the United States, and semiconductors are one of America’s top manufactured exports, behind only aircraft and automobiles. " In fact, WE were sending many of OUR semiconductors TO China.

Also, I may be wrong, but I do believe we get most of our other chips from Japan, not China.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I believe that Samsung's fab is in Korea, and TSMC is in Taiwan.

Hwyman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-250 FX4, 2021 Ranger STX FX4
I read how Ford has built some F-150 without certain chips and will add them once they have the semiconductors. Are they doing the same with Rangers? I have one on order that shows being built on March 3, but no updates after that.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Could it get any worse? :facepalm:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/renesa...erns-about-global-auto-production-11616414181

Fire at Giant Auto-Chip Plant Fuels Supply Concerns

A fire at a factory of one of the world’s leading auto chip makers has added to the troubles of car makers that already have slashed production because of a semiconductor shortage.

The fire Friday left a swath of charred equipment in the factory owned by a subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corp. in Hitachinaka, northeast of Tokyo. The company said it would take at least a month to restart the damaged operations.

Fire.jpg

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired