First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Quote: “U.S. automaker Ford said it would idle its Louisville, Kentucky, assembly plant, which builds the Ford Escape and Lincoln Corsair SUVs, pulling ahead a scheduled week-off from later in the year.”

That’s for a week and then come back.

Parts in general across all builds are going to be handicapped because of shortages.

Now, because demand becomes higher with no inventory to offer prices will rise. We just saw that happen from 2020 to 2021 online build calculator. I believe we will see this across all market segments for the same reasons. The perfect formula to devalue a currency
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Well mine was always going to be a MY'22 so I'm not all that concerned. My bigger fear is gas shooting up and if that happens I'll just cancel it and as I don't need one,I want one. ?‍♂
Dave, aren't they suppose to come out with a hybrid Bronco? Maybe the best of both worlds.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, aren't they suppose to come out with a hybrid Bronco? Maybe the best of both worlds.
I think they are Al. If what I fear happens over the next year or so I'll probably just wait for that. But who knows the electrical grid might not be able to handle all of this and we'll all be walking. ?

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they are Al. If what I fear happens over the next year or so I'll probably just wait for that. But who knows the electrical grid might not be able to handle all of this and we'll all be walking. ?
You live in Arizona which is perfect for solar panels. You'll be driving that hybrid Bronco for free once it pays for itself.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You live in Arizona which is perfect for solar panels. You'll be driving that hybrid Bronco for free once it pays for itself.
Way ahead of you buddy. ;) I already have them, that was the first thing I did when I moved here. My electric bill is roughly $16.50/month which is just the fees and taxes. I own the system and figure in 1 more year it will have paid for itself.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Remember when all semiconductors were made in the US and labor was cheap overseas, so the companies, with the government's blessing, moved everything offshore?

I've always said if there was ever a world war, we would never be able to fight after two months because our supply pipeline would empty out of semiconductors because they are all made overseas. Pandemic, world war, same issue.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I've always said if there was ever a world war, we would never be able to fight after two months because our supply pipeline would empty out of semiconductors because they are all made overseas. Pandemic, world war, same issue.
I've always said if there was ever another world war it wouldn't matter how long we could keep fighting because after the nukes go off we'll have bigger things to worry about.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I've always said if there was ever another world war it wouldn't matter how long we could keep fighting because after the nukes go off we'll have bigger things to worry about.
After the nukes go off we won't have anything to worry about!

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Way ahead of you buddy. ;) I already have them, that was the first thing I did when I moved here. My electric bill is roughly $16.50/month which is just the fees and taxes. I own the system and figure in 1 more year it will have paid for itself.
That plug-in hybrid Bronco would be perfect for you! I'm jealous.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Well mine was always going to be a MY'22 so I'm not all that concerned. My bigger fear is gas shooting up and if that happens I'll just cancel it and as I don't need one,I want one. ?‍♂
Well you know gas is already inching up here and I agree with you it will rise in accordance of the leadership that is in the lead. Very sad indeed. Hope you still are able to acquire your new Toy.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well you know gas is already inching up here and I agree with you it will rise in accordance of the leadership that is in the lead. Very sad indeed. Hope you still are able to acquire your new Toy.
Thanks Greg. Gas jumped .30/gallon here right after the 6th, doesn't look good.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Greg. Gas jumped .30/gallon here right after the 6th, doesn't look good.
reg varies from 2.09 to 2.45 most at 2.35 low but higher since the 6th.
Seems in alignment with AZ :shock:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
reg varies from 2.09 to 2.45 most at 2.35 low but higher since the 6th.
Seems in alignment with AZ :shock:
For some reason my area is a little higher than others. On the 6th reg was $2.09 and the on the 7th it jumped to $2.39. I had to do an estimate yesterday in another city and went to Sam's and reg was $2.08 there and premium $2.28. I'm sure they'll jump higher soon too. :curse:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
For some reason my area is a little higher than others. On the 6th reg was $2.09 and the on the 7th it jumped to $2.39. I had to do an estimate yesterday in another city and went to Sam's and reg was $2.08 there and premium $2.28. I'm sure they'll jump higher soon too. :curse:
Dang premium is only .10 cents higher. Here it is like .75 higher if your lucky. Dang crooks :LOL:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dang premium is only .10 cents higher. Here it is like .75 higher if your lucky. Dang crooks :LOL:
That's crazy! At my local Fry's it's a .40 difference but lucky I have a Sam's Club membership and split a Costco one with someone else. At least they're always cheaper than the regular stations.

Btw you're math is a little off...it's .20 higher. lol ?

IMG_3549.PNG
Sponsored