John Jenkins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Larait 4x4 Super Cab
Vehicle Showcase
This has happened twice in as many days, only once and if I pull over and shut truck off and restart all’s good! Truck has 4700 miles on it and only been in 4wd twice back in winter! Anyone else have this pop up?

61748181-6ECA-4D7A-A7ED-1ACB38BE92CD.jpeg
Sponsored

MichMan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 2010 Ford Explorer
Any update on what you did or what a dealer found with this warning? I had my 2019 do the same thing today.

Marlin Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4
Occupation
Retired
My 2021 just did this. I turned the engine off, restarted it, and the light went off. If it does it again this Rangder will be down the road. 7794 miles on it,

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
My 2021 just did this. I turned the engine off, restarted it, and the light went off. If it does it again this Rangder will be down the road. 7794 miles on it,
So you'll sell your truck because of a warning that you don't even know the reason for?

Marlin Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4
Occupation
Retired
So you'll sell your truck because of a warning that you don't even know the reason for?
Yep. I'm 59 and I don't have the time or patience to deal with running it back and forth to the stealership. I paid good money for it just like everyone else did and I expect it to run properly without a bunch of bullshit. Thats why I hate all this eletronic garbage.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The electrics are so involved in these trucks it's probably a fault code that was triggered by a fluke. Once cleared it won't come back. The dealer can tell by the code if it's an indication of a hardware problem.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Yep. I'm 59 and I don't have the time or patience to deal with running it back and forth to the stealership. I paid good money for it just like everyone else did and I expect it to run properly without a bunch of bullshit. Thats why I hate all this eletronic garbage.
So you going back to a 1980's car then if you get rid of your Ranger? With roll up windows I presume too? Just in case, you know in case those go out too.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Ah, the good ol' days, when you could buy a ton of American steel and be sure it would run forever because there were no fancy electronics. Or at least it would run until you got out of the dealer's lot. Unless it was built on Monday or Friday, then you're on your own. But that's ok, because at least there's no electronics.

Seriously, though, there's a certain amount of shit that happens these days that might need to go back to the dealer for early failure work (a lot of times for really stupid shit like "connector not fully seated"). But after the first year, the odds that any random car will make it 20 years in good running condition without major work are insanely higher than they were 40 years ago.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
The computerization of everything is certainly a double-edged sword. On one hand, things fail a a minuscule rate compared to the analog days. On the other hand, failures can rarely by resolved by owners. Pick your poison. I don’t miss the constant fiddling with everything, but I do miss understanding how it all works.

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
My 19 did this today. Happened on a long hill shifting from 10th to 9th. Turned off and back on and it cleared.

kendive

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
This has happened twice in as many days, only once and if I pull over and shut truck off and restart all’s good! Truck has 4700 miles on it and only been in 4wd twice back in winter! Anyone else have this pop up?

61748181-6ECA-4D7A-A7ED-1ACB38BE92CD.jpeg
Have you tried to put in 4WD? and if so what happens?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
So you going back to a 1980's car then if you get rid of your Ranger? With roll up windows I presume too? Just in case, you know in case those go out too.
aluminum heads & arn blocks...

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It might not be disengaging from 4H fully Try unlocking the hubs the old school way:
  • Put it 4H, drive straight for ~60ft = 8-10 revolutions of the wheels (this can be done on dry pavement if the wheels are kept straight).
  • Stop, shift to Neutral and back into 2H
  • Back up ~60 ft. Hubs should now be fully unlocked.
There may be some other problem with a sensor in the transfer case
Sponsored