Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I could find ZERO Posts about where to locate a hydraulic floor jack to lift the front and rear of the vehicle before placing it on jack stands. Sorry if there is one already. Here is where I successfully lifted the vehicle using a hydraulic jack. Yes I have read that these are not sanctioned points and could break the truck. My truck did not break, nothing bent. I lifted up and down VERY SLOWLY.
Center Jack Points.png
Front Center Jack Point.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

AverageWhiteGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Procastinator
Nice picture of the front, where's the rear picture? That piece of wood looks like toast! :O

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Will the diff housing crack being on a jack stand? Seems Ford should put "feet" on the frame for jack placements. I'm about to rotate the tires...

OP
OP

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Nice picture of the front, where's the rear picture? That piece of wood looks like toast! :O
Ima dork and did not keep a pick of the rear jack point in the diff. Also, I cried when I knew I had lost that 6" piece of 2x4. It will never be part of a mansion now. It will, alas, just add a bit of heat to our home in the winter.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I have never trusted any center point to lift a vehicle and think it's worth the extra time/effort to just lift from the frame. It's not worth getting pinned underneath when you left your phone on the work bench.

OP
OP

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct, sketchy is my forte. The bikes are to camouflaged the work in progress from snoopy HOA bores. 4 stands as needed to remove all wheels to add the 1.25" Rugged Ridge Wheel Spacers to accommodate the 295/70 R17 Toyo open Coutry R/T Tires after the BDS 3.5" coil over lift w/ UCA's was added

OP
OP

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Zero crack or axle sag using the diff as lift point for jack. I lifted gently w/ empty truck and let the axle down onto jack stands b4 taking off the wheels. Yes it would be nice if trucks were built for people w/o fancy 4point lifts to work on, but then, shops would lose out on the $.

OP
OP

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to lift from the 4 corners of the frame, but alas do not have the $thousand or space for such a sweet lifting system

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Resurrect an older post. My 2021 Owner's Manual shows rear lift points on the axels and the front points appear to be on the frame rearward of the front tires. As pointed out by the black squares and arrows in the original post. As stated in the manual, any other place could cause damage. As others posted: I am not sure that front cross member should be used and the differential (while done on older vehicles) is a big NO. I have seen photos of differentials with the jack severely cracking the housing. Opinions/corrections....of course.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Well, even working in a mechanic garage no one ever had issues lifting vehicles from the diff, or sub frames for the engine. Even placed the axle housings on jack stands. But if you want all four tires off the ground, lift from one side using the frame. If the jack cant reach use wood under the jack. Place on jack stands then lift the other side. If your rotating tires do one side at a time, or if you want all four off the ground to take off tires, then just raise it high enoung to take off the tires. Ill send pics tomorrow if that will help. And the wood on the subframe never hurts.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Resurrect an older post. My 2021 Owner's Manual shows rear lift points on the axels and the front points appear to be on the frame rearward of the front tires. As pointed out by the black squares and arrows in the original post. As stated in the manual, any other place could cause damage. As others posted: I am not sure that front cross member should be used and the differential (while done on older vehicles) is a big NO. I have seen photos of differentials with the jack severely cracking the housing. Opinions/corrections....of course.
Craig, I bought a good bottle jack the only one I could find that was made in the USA. Then I bought this Safe Jack kit which goes onto the bottle jack making it safe to lift from several different points under the truck. They have all different height extensions but I found this set works good. Now you're on flat even ground and not worrying about the jack kicking out from underneath you. Of course always use jack stands along with this.

https://safejacks.com/products/3-piece-starter-kit

This was the bottle jack I bought but any one will work with the Safe Jack kit. It's pricey but I wanted something made in the USA and they have excellent reviews.

https://www.gustininc.com/us-jack-d-51123-5-ton-bottle-jack./

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
The primary cause of jacking failures is because the load center moves with the pivoting vehicle, but the jack base stays put. This creates allot of instability and lateral force. Safest jacking practice suggests a wheeled jack, oriented perpendicular to the pivot line. When the vehicle is lifted the jack is drawn deeper under the vehicle, and stays below the load. If the load stays centered over the jack, it is very difficult to knock it off or topple the jack.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Craig, I bought a good bottle jack the only one I could find that was made in the USA. Then I bought this Safe Jack kit which goes onto the bottle jack making it safe to lift from several different points under the truck. They have all different height extensions but I found this set works good. Now you're on flat even ground and not worrying about the jack kicking out from underneath you. Of course always use jack stands along with this.

https://safejacks.com/products/3-piece-starter-kit

This was the bottle jack I bought but any one will work with the Safe Jack kit. It's pricey but I wanted something made in the USA and they have excellent reviews.

https://www.gustininc.com/us-jack-d-51123-5-ton-bottle-jack./
Thanks for those links. I have a large bottle jack....adding those attachments I could see would be very helpful. I am more concerned about taking the truck to any shop for service.....and they don't know where to lift from. Seems like so many "shops" want to lift from the differential.