Carpet Bubble

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
I've noticed that my foot doesn't sit right in front of the gas pedal. Always feels like it's on a slope. Gets to me on a long drive. Pulled back the floor mat and it seems like there is a bubble in the carpet in front of the pedal, like it's not snug against the floor. Is this common to all Rangers or just mine. Might try loosening up some panels and see if I can work it down a little.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed that my foot doesn't sit right in front of the gas pedal. Always feels like it's on a slope. Gets to me on a long drive. Pulled back the floor mat and it seems like there is a bubble in the carpet in front of the pedal, like it's not snug against the floor. Is this common to all Rangers or just mine. Might try loosening up some panels and see if I can work it down a little.
Hi Alex,

Mine is tightly contoured in that area with little deflection. I recommend you take it to the dealer for investigation and refitment of the carpet in the driver's footwell.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
FordSpeed

FordSpeed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Thanks. That's what I'll do. I did attempt to loosen a couple screws on the center console to see if I could get a little slack in it, but no luck. It's really pinned down in that area. Looked at the parts catalog and the carpet covers more of trans tunnel than I thought.

RangerCarpet.jpg
Sponsored