First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Has anyone yet bought a car cover for their truck?
I've been looking around and am interested in Budge Covers, but they only manufacture universal type covers and do not have a listing for 2019 Rangers yet, only F-series.
However their website does list covers for late model Tacoma's and the GM twins, so I am reasonably certain that these covers would fit a Ranger. The cover will be used with the truck parked in a carport.so being waterproof is not necessary, it will be exposed to some AM sunlight but never direct sunlight.
Please note that I am referring to a entire vehicle cover and not a bed or seat covers.
Price point is important to me as well.
Any insight/suggestions?
Sponsored

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.carcovers.com/covers/truck/ford/ranger/2019/supercrew-short-bed-5-ft.html

I ordered this cover. It fits great, but definitely easier to put on with an extra set of hands. I ordered the cover, then decided to get a shell installed, so I gotta pass this cover off to a midsized truck owner when I get a chance. I also have the cover that accommodates the camper shell too. I plan to use it if my truck sits for an extended period of time.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
https://www.carcovers.com/covers/truck/ford/ranger/2019/supercrew-short-bed-5-ft.html

I ordered this cover. It fits great, but definitely easier to put on with an extra set of hands. I ordered the cover, then decided to get a shell installed, so I gotta pass this cover off to a midsized truck owner when I get a chance. I also have the cover that accommodates the camper shell too. I plan to use it if my truck sits for an extended period of time.
Thank-You sir for the timely response and providing the link.
I will check out their offerings

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a Budge basic cover I bought for my 2010 Ranger scab. Works good on the new one. Pretty sure it was the F-150 one.

0111200144a.jpg

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That is one well-protected Ranger, car cover and a garage.
Is the garage heated as well?
My 2020 will have to make do in a 3 car carport, enclosed garages in older homes like mine (63 years) are a rarity here in Hawaii.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer

Have you found one that fits with a cap yet? I normally won’t use one but when I visit folks in Maine I have to park under pine trees.

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Supercab XLT 302a 18" PVD Chrome pkg., 15 Focus SE, 65 Falcon Futura Hardtop, 56 Chevy 3100 Shortbed, 05 Pontiac Vibe (700,000 miles), 93 Nissan King Cab, 05 Sebring Limited convertible (Joyride), 17 American Landmaster 450E, wife has some kind of Cadillac
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
That is one well-protected Ranger, car cover and a garage.
Is the garage heated as well?
My 2020 will have to make do in a 3 car carport, enclosed garages in older homes like mine (63 years) are a rarity here in Hawaii.
Yes, the main garage is heated, cooled and humidity controlled. I spend a lot of time here.

Ol Bromy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Have you found one that fits with a cap yet? I normally won’t use one but when I visit folks in Maine I have to park under pine trees.
These guys have one that fits over my shell. I bought the non shell version when I first got the truck, then decided to get a shell installed and ordered the camper shell type too. Keep hoping a buddy buys a SuperCrew, mid sized truck so I can get rid of the first one that I bought

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, the main garage is heated, cooled and humidity controlled. I spend a lot of time here.
Impressive setup sir, though I would not want to pay your energy bill here in Hawaii, I paid almost 35 cents per KwH in December, I've seen it go as high as 40 cents in previous years.
PV systems are a no brainer here, I've one installed on my home, but there are months where the system's production is low, forcing me to pay the outlandish fee.
Of course, there is no need for heat here, gas, electric or otherwise.

The Long Ranger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HotShot ......no, really
Vehicle Showcase
Impressive setup sir, though I would not want to pay your energy bill here in Hawaii,
Georgia temps often vary 35 degrees in just a few hours. HVAC is just the way it is, but well insulated and sealed structures are pretty easy to keep habitable. Besides, it's only money!:piggybank: The shop is a different story. I use wood, electricity, propane and kerosene and still have to wear a jacket.

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Georgia temps often vary 35 degrees in just a few hours. HVAC is just the way it is, but well insulated and sealed structures are pretty easy to keep habitable. Besides, it's only money!:piggybank: The shop is a different story. I use wood, electricity, propane and kerosene and still have to wear a jacket.
Indeed, I periodically view a particular channel on YouTube called "It's a Southern Thing" one of the skits explained humidity in the South...it is hilarious, believe me, I can completely understand the need for a properly functioning HVAC system.
Temperature swings at sea level in Honolulu rarely vary by more than 15 degrees throughout the year, today's high was probably 80, as I am writing this it is 75 or so, present time here is 1922 hours.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Indeed, I periodically view a particular channel on YouTube called "It's a Southern Thing" one of the skits explained humidity in the South...it is hilarious, believe me, I can completely understand the need for a properly functioning HVAC system.
Temperature swings at sea level in Honolulu rarely vary by more than 15 degrees throughout the year, today's high was probably 80, as I am writing this it is 75 or so, present time here is 1922 hours.
Wow, Hawaii is using 1922 hours still? The mainland is using 2020 hours! ;)

OP
OP
Mokume

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, Hawaii is using 1922 hours still? The mainland is using 2020 hours! ;)
lol...a sense of humor is a good thing, shows a person's good nature:thumbsup:

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Auto Detailer
I used a car cover by Leader Accessories for my last car. I think it was okay for me.