Can I repair this raptor light bar harness?

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
I just installed the raptor lights in my grill. Went great, except my side marker light wasn’t turning on. No biggy. Probably just a bad connection or wired backwards or something

when I went in, I have the cord a VERY minor tug to pull it out of the wheel well,
And the entire harness disintegrated in my hand.

is there a way to repair these connectors?

C1F31C8D-901F-4570-924F-A32B10FD0574.jpeg
Sponsored

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Where did you buy it from? CustomAutoWorks warrants theirs for life. If you got it from them maybe reach out to them. Worse case maybe they can sell you a new harness.

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Where did you buy it from? CustomAutoWorks warrants theirs for life. If you got it from them maybe reach out to them.
Stage 3. I’ll email them - but I’d rather just fix it if I can. Be a lot faster.

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Of course it can be repaired, its a simple 2 wire system. Its about as basic as it gets.
No I mean... the crimps inside the actual connector have been.... crimped. Is there any quick way to replace those in one of these?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
No I mean... the crimps inside the actual connector have been.... crimped. Is there any quick way to replace those in one of these?
Probably not, usually one time use. You could try and shove something small and stiff (heh heh heh) to try and pry open the crimp enough to get the wiring back in. Worse case just go by a local store and grab a new set of waterproof connectors.

One thing I've learned though doing electrical work on my Ranger projects; if the crimp fails it will usually never hold right again even if you do salvage it. Just better to trash the crimped part and start with fresh component.
Sponsored