Bushwacker Fenders, Wheel Spacers and a few other goodies installed...

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat FX4, 99 SVT Cobra, 23 Mach 1
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

As soon as I got my Ranger, I ordered a bunch of stuff. Ordered a Retrax PowertraxPro XR Tonneau, Bushwacker Fender Flares, 50mm non hubcentric wheel spacers (not shown) and a few parts from Air Design. I got Line-X sprayed in the bed as well (not shown).

I had my fender flares and other exterior bits sprayed the body color and finally got them all back and installed. I'm happy with the way it all came together, so I thought I'd share with everyone and for anyone curious about any of these parts I had installed, please enjoy!

Air Design Fender Vents & Tailgate Spoiler:

2019-04-11 16.26.04.jpg

2019-04-05 15.51.13.jpg

I had the opportunity to see the Air Design Ranger at SEMA last year and really liked the way a lot of their parts fit on the truck. I even got to chat with the designer Billy Longfellow when I went to order the parts. Really cool guy, and my experience with the company was a really good one. If I recall correctly, Billy and Air Design won an award from Ford for their design.

Retrax Tonneau Cover w/ Air Design Spoiler:

2019-04-05 15.54.30.jpg

Ready for any T-Slot based Accessories! Likely will be getting a set of adjustable Yakima Bed Rails for a Rooftop Tent etc.

Bushwacker Fender Flares & 50mm Wheel Spacers Installed:

2019-04-16 15.58.07.jpg

2019-04-16 15.56.30.jpg

The bushwacker fender flares are pretty aggressive. Even with a 50mm wheel spacer on the stock wheels barely fills the gap. It's quite not as "stanced" as my Cobra. :sunglasses:

The nice thing is that this will help me ultimately determine what wheel offset I want/need when I have enough money to replace the wheels. With the spacer, it effectively makes the wheels "18x8 +5mm Offset".

Finished look:

2019-04-16 16.18.29.jpg

2019-04-16 16.17.39.jpg

Thanks for viewing, happy to answer any questions if any!

Cheers!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Marshal.

First Name
Marshal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1979 Mazda rx7
I don’t think any of your pictures work

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
They're working, you decided not to get the flare extensions?

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
They're working, you decided not to get the flare extensions?
I didn't see any for the Bushwackers, but have a set of Air Designs flare extensions. It is a little different.

2019-04-08 21.34.11.jpg

2019-04-16 16.09.07.jpg

I'm may put them on, but sleeping on it for now...

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
You do have them! Did you like the bushwacker flares over the air design flares. Your wheels look pretty good with the spacer, only if there was a way to push it out just a bit further

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
You do have them! Did you like the bushwacker flares over the air design flares. Your wheels look pretty good with the spacer, only if there was a way to push it out just a bit further
I like them both actually and thought a mixture of parts would yield the look I wanted. Admittedly it's pretty close to what I imagined. I liked how the Bushwackers flared out more, but liked how the Air Design covered more of the fender and had an extension for the bumper.

I'll likely end up putting them on. I was just lazy to do it today. LOL

Thanks for the complement on the wheels/spacers, it looks a lot nicer with them. I'll need to figure out what wheel to get to get the proper look I want without the spacer when I'm able to save more money. Figure I'll extend the offset out another 15-25mm.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
In regards to the 50mm (~2") wheel spacers...did you need to install longer wheel studs ? Any issues with vibrations with the the non-hubcentric set-up ? Just curious.

OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
In regards to the 50mm (~2") wheel spacers...did you need to install longer wheel studs ? Any issues with vibrations with the the non-hubcentric set-up ? Just curious.
The wheel spacers I used, mount to the hub and have their own studs to safely mount the wheel. No need for longer studs, as the existing studs fit inside the spacer.

s-l1600.jpg

Hubcentric is ideal, but the only ones I could find were from international sources and were pretty pricey at $210 from China. The ones I bought were $80ish from ebay, labeled for a Toyota Tacoma. Fortunately we share the same lug pattern and thread pitch, but not hub bore.

I've only got about 100 miles on them so far, no vibrations or anything with these installed. I made sure to tighten them in sequence and torque them down equally at 90lbs.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red, 1993 F-150 XLT
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, Truck looks Great! You did a good job. I have to agree with ur fender flares. I like the looks of the Bushwacker Flares. Do they seem to b a good quality? And they say no drilling into the fender for mounting, how do they actually mount? I heard some mfg only use a double sided tape. The Air Design bumper extensions also work well. Take away the step from bumper to fender flare and give that blending look that finishes it off. Do u know if u can purchase just the bumper extensions from anyone? I can only find the complete kit, flares and extensions. Truck does look good though. Making me more excited to get my delivery so I can get my hands on mine.

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
The wheel spacers I used, mount to the hub and have their own studs to safely mount the wheel. No need for longer studs, as the existing studs fit inside the spacer.

s-l1600.jpg

Hubcentric is ideal, but the only ones I could find were from international sources and were pretty pricey at $210 from China. The ones I bought were $80ish from ebay, labeled for a Toyota Tacoma. Fortunately we share the same lug pattern and thread pitch, but not hub bore.

I've only got about 100 miles on them so far, no vibrations or anything with these installed. I made sure to tighten them in sequence and torque them down equally at 90lbs.

Hope this helps!
Added some questions #11. I guess I should have did a reply so u would see it. OOPs!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mugatu

Mugatu

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, Truck looks Great! You did a good job. I have to agree with ur fender flares. I like the looks of the Bushwacker Flares. Do they seem to b a good quality? And they say no drilling into the fender for mounting, how do they actually mount? I heard some mfg only use a double sided tape. The Air Design bumper extensions also work well. Take away the step from bumper to fender flare and give that blending look that finishes it off. Do u know if u can purchase just the bumper extensions from anyone? I can only find the complete kit, flares and extensions. Truck does look good though. Making me more excited to get my delivery so I can get my hands on mine.
Added some questions #11. I guess I should have did a reply so u would see it. OOPs!
Thanks for the kind words Fish, I'm happy with the way it looks so far. Many more things left to do of course.

Regarding build quality, the nod goes to the Air Design flares vs Bushwackers. That said, the Bushwackers fitment was pretty good and there was no drilling required or anything like that. Only part that could be of concern is the top portion of the fender that meets the fender. It has a rubber grommet that is pressed against the fender looks like it could mark the fender a little if under intense vibration. Like from driving on washboard roads for a long time.

I only know of Air Design that has a kit with the bumper extensions. All the other ones I seen are all for the international T6 Ranger. I was lucky that Air Design let me buy just the extensions. I have the part number laying around somewhere on my messy desk, I can pass along if you decide you want to get a set.

Congrats on your order! When do you get it? What model?

Fish

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVACR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the kind words Fish, I'm happy with the way it looks so far. Many more things left to do of course.

Regarding build quality, the nod goes to the Air Design flares vs Bushwackers. That said, the Bushwackers fitment was pretty good and there was no drilling required or anything like that. Only part that could be of concern is the top portion of the fender that meets the fender. It has a rubber grommet that is pressed against the fender looks like it could mark the fender a little if under intense vibration. Like from driving on washboard roads for a long time.

I only know of Air Design that has a kit with the bumper extensions. All the other ones I seen are all for the international T6 Ranger. I was lucky that Air Design let me buy just the extensions. I have the part number laying around somewhere on my messy desk, I can pass along if you decide you want to get a set.

Congrats on your order! When do you get it? What model?
Thanks for the info Everett, I'm planning on putting fender flares on mine but it's not scheduled for del till May 4th. I'm getting the crew cab lariat in hot pepper red and sport appearance. Stat just changed to "In Production" this afternoon. The closer del gets, the longer it seems like it takes to get here. Have a great day!

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
I didn't see any for the Bushwackers, but have a set of Air Designs flare extensions. It is a little different.

2019-04-08 21.34.11.jpg

2019-04-16 16.09.07.jpg

I'm may put them on, but sleeping on it for now...
Everett... do you have any pictures of the Air designs on but from further away? It still looks like a huge gap, but I think the close-up and angle aren't helping.
Sponsored