First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey @AzScorpion , looks like you need to book one of these events. ?
I saw this over on the Bronco 6G forum and would love to go. MOAB would be the closest to me and wouldn't ya know we were in UT for 2 weeks last year. Not sure it's in the cards for this year though.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this over on the Bronco 6G forum and would love to go. MOAB would be the closest to me and wouldn't ya know we were in UT for 2 weeks last year. Not sure it's in the cards for this year though.
I was on a mountain biking trip in Moab awhile back and Hummer was there with a group. This was back in the H1 days. The support vehicle/mobile machine shop was out of this world.

I hope Ford steps up this way for the offroadeo.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was on a mountain biking trip in Moab awhile back and Hummer was there with a group. This was back in the H1 days. The support vehicle/mobile machine shop was out of this world.

I hope Ford steps up this way for the offroadeo.
Hi Duke,

Not sure if this was a Manufacturer testing for the mobile machine shop but knowing GM it was necessary for those with Hummers in the private sector.

We had a series of mobile support vehicles for our testing. Full mechanical support, Shock dyno, fabrication equipment including lathe, Mill, welding etc. We did not take this shop on wheels up Engineer's Pass for example but we had enough vehicles to get to it if we needed. These shops on wheels did not support our signoff trips....the engineering and such was done. This was in the development of the product stage. Now with 3D printing, I hear that what we had looks like it supported Wilber and Orville at Kittyhawk...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

• Haha
Reactions: FoD

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Duke,

Not sure if this was a Manufacturer testing for the mobile machine shop but knowing GM it was necessary for those with Hummers in the private sector.

We had a series of mobile support vehicles for our testing. Full mechanical support, Shock dyno, fabrication equipment including lathe, Mill, welding etc. We did not take this shop on wheels up Engineer's Pass for example but we had enough vehicles to get to it if we needed. These shops on wheels did not support our signoff trips....the engineering and such was done. This was in the development of the product stage. Now with 3D printing, I hear that what we had looks like it supported Wilber and Orville at Kittyhawk...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Good times I’m sure. Talk about Built Ford Tough!

This was a paid, invitation only type of owner’s event before the H2 series came out. They definitely had milling equipment and a host of spare parts, including spare diffs, transfer cases, etc. It really was something. They were all staying at my Motor Inn so it was easy to make my way into the hospitality tent after a long day of mountain biking. ??

OP
OP
Grooge

Grooge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
This was moved. It isn't about the Bronco, but the training they are offered, but wanted for us as well. LOL
Sponsored