Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I need to tap into the brake light wire off the brake pedal in order to run a monitor light in my motor home . Does anyone know which of the four wires coming out of the brake pedal switch I need to tap?
I believe the purple wire ford left for a brake controller in the harness is Energized when the pedal is depressed? Can I use this wire
I’m going through a six way trailer connector to an led in the dash of the motor home

AFD43F7D-26A0-4CAE-9626-33EA64CAF966.jpeg
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
The purple wire reads 12v to ground when the brake is pressed. It also is accessible in the 7 pin connector at the rear bumper.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I need to tap into the brake light wire off the brake pedal in order to run a monitor light in my motor home . Does anyone know which of the four wires coming out of the brake pedal switch I need to tap?
I believe the purple wire ford left for a brake controller in the harness is Energized when the pedal is depressed? Can I use this wire
I’m going through a six way trailer connector to an led in the dash of the motor home

It's hard to see in your pic, but does the purple wire have a white stripe? My resource says the brake wire should be purple with a white stripe. If you want, you can also grab the brake wire in the driver's kick panel, in a black 59 pin plug, pin # 11.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
The purple wire reads 12v to ground when the brake is pressed. It also is accessible in the 7 pin connector at the rear bumper.
Only if it came with a tow package. But if it came with a tow package then it’s already pre wired for a brake controller

OP
OP
bobkat

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Does that purple wire for the controller do the same as th
It's hard to see in your pic, but does the purple wire have a white stripe? My resource says the brake wire should be purple with a white stripe. If you want, you can also grab the brake wire in the driver's kick panel, in a black 59 pin plug, pin # 11.

yes it looks like purple / white stripe

OP
OP
bobkat

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I do have the tow package

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Do a little research, if you have a tow package you should already have 4 wires ready to be hooked up to your brake controller.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do a little research, if you have a tow package you should already have 4 wires ready to be hooked up to your brake controller.
They are trying to hook up a brake light in the dash of their motorhome which I assume will be flat towing the Ranger. So it's not exactly a brake controller in the traditional sense. Probably a good idea to ask the questions rather than assume their application is the same.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
They are trying to hook up a brake light in the dash of their motorhome which I assume will be flat towing the Ranger. So it's not exactly a brake controller in the traditional sense. Probably a good idea to ask the questions rather than assume their application is the same.
Well excuse me. But either way it would be easier to use the wire from the brake controller since it’s all ready to be hooked up. Just trying to help. Good luck

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well excuse me. But either way it would be easier to use the wire from the brake controller since it’s all ready to be hooked up. Just trying to help. Good luck
Please read the rest of the thread is all I can say.

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed

Hi Bobkat,

If you're still in need to help, I can PM you the wiring diagrams for the Braking System.

Regards,

Chris

OP
OP
bobkat

bobkat

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
Occupation
Retired electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks... I'll give the purple wire a shot.... better than doing one of those taps into the brake wire
Sponsored