Bouncy hood

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Someone find something else to check quick. This way Bill won't have to go to PT tonight since he's been in and out of his damn garage 6 times already today. ?
If the tailgate is dampened, it should provide enough resistance, both ways , to provide some PT ...
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If the tailgate is dampened, it should provide enough resistance, both ways , to provide some PT ...
True but have you seen Bill lately? There's no way he's doing any tailgate lifts with those skinny twigs for arms. :shock:

skinny-guy3.jpg

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Bug shield will tighten it up too. As it goes behind the gasket. Plus there is something to press on to close the hood. Just an idea if you already wanted one.
Oh snap!

*runs off to loosen hood so he has an excuse to buy something

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Even worse, Mary knows Kala (Kala is so much like Mary it is scary, except 35 years younger).

I first went to Kala for a torn rotator cuff injury I got during our snowmeggedon winter. She had me back 100% in about 3 months and countless crying sessions. Mary has used her for a shoulder problem as well. Now they get to gang up on me.

Two tiny sadists, “signz zee papah old man!” :0
That kinda sounds like fun. :lipssealed::wink:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
True but have you seen Bill lately? There's no way he's doing any tailgate lifts with those skinny twigs for arms. :shock:

skinny-guy3.jpg
So I see Mary is sending you pictures. I guess I should count my blessings, at least she didn’t send you one of my junk…. It’s the prednisone, honest, the prednisone!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
20220801_101341.jpg

yours won't unscrew like mine ? (2021) mine were cranked all the way down ...
not really threaded , the rubber itself is cut deep and threads into the slot of the core support ...
Well I’ll be. I just learned a new one today. They “do” adjust. Just have to crank the snot out of them. Who ever put them on has a grudge with someone! Max torque ?

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Well I’ll be. I just learned a new one today. They “do” adjust. Just have to crank the snot out of them. Who ever put them on has a grudge with someone! Max torque ?
Me too, but then you saw my picture right? :)

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Here we are, in an age of computers, multi-function electronics, trucks that cost 4 times the amount of my first house, and we're all stumped by a 50 cent piece of molded plastic that's been on vehicles for decades !!!
Ain't technology great ???
Oh it is. When it works.

I fear that the computer chip controlled, automated hood damper adjusters will become a supply constraint and delay some orders.:facepalm:

I will just stick with my trusty crescent wrench.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
I do the "push to latch" way 50% of the time I close my hoods, never had an issue.

Did you watch the video? Those are my scrawny ass wrists lmao, hood will be fine.
lol how scrawny

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So I see Mary is sending you pictures. I guess I should count my blessings, at least she didn’t send you one of my junk…. It’s the prednisone, honest, the prednisone!
? You're killing me Bill. We go to Mexico all the time, I'm going to have to send you some prednisone once you run out. We need medicated Bill around a little longer.:giggle:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Someone find something else to check quick. This way Bill won't have to go to PT tonight since he's been in and out of his damn garage 6 times already today. ?
OK. @deleriumtremor you could go out, lay on your back under your truck and check for that felt pad between the box and cab. If it is there, then crawl up on top of the box and look down from the top for trapped leaves and such.

If you survive, your PT person will be so proud of you . :thumbsup:

Edit: in the event you don't survive. Gfitzge2 will no longer be on the forum. Could there be a not gfitzge2 out there?

Last edited:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
OK. @deleriumtremor you could go out, lay on your back under your truck and check for that felt pad between the box and cab. If it is there, then crawl up on top of the box and look down from the top for trapped leaves and such.

If you survive, your PT person will be so proud of you . :thumbsup:
No, neither Mary or Kala would give me any credit. No credit unless they bark the order, really, I mean it, it’s terrible I say, I might break down right here….

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
? You're killing me Bill. We go to Mexico all the time, I'm going to have to send you some prednisone once you run out. We need medicated Bill around a little longer.:giggle:
Not to worry my friend, no need to buy anything in Mexico, I just got the word today that I can’t quit taking any of my meds for 30 days.

I was like, “So Kala, am I going to be able to start tapering the meds soon?” In my most casual, offhand and only mildly interested tone.

She says, “oh no, not for weeks”, you want to stay ahead of pain. I said, in a little more pleading voice, “but the pain is really light.”, she says, “not for long!”, with a menacing look in her eyes… :0
Sponsored