First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
If not mistaken the hood bumpers are adjustable. Simple turn them counter clockwise to bring them up.

That's the way to go first for sure Chris. I had in my mind that the way Ford has been going the last couple years they had just up, and discontinued the hood bumpers for the '22's. :crazy: It wouldn't surprise me at all......:)

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Here we are, in an age of computers, multi-function electronics, trucks that cost 4 times the amount of my first house, and we're all stumped by a 50 cent piece of molded plastic that's been on vehicles for decades !!!
Ain't technology great ???

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
With the hood struts, there isn't enough weight of the aluminum hood to get it to latch on its own.
Yes there is. Hood struts run out of steam near the bottom of travel.

Hey y’all do your thing, just don’t be mad when you get dents.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Yes there is. Hood struts run out of steam near the bottom of travel.

Hey y’all do your thing, just don’t be mad when you get dents.
Actually, at this point at least, my struts will not let it fall under its own weight. I agree that all it takes is a little help (not let it slow to a stop) and it closes on its own.

Totally agree with the dent risk and even with the front crease acting as a stiffener, I can see the AL giving and bending in if I am doing the "close with the palms pushing down on the hood, after had closed past the safety catch".

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Grab on it and turn it hard. It will adjust. My driver side moved easily but passenger was a little trickier.
Yep, I finally got back out there and they do turn and adjust. Sorry for the "mis-speaking" earlier. :).

It was the Tramadol!

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Actually, at this point at least, my struts will not let it fall under its own weight. I agree that all it takes is a little help (not let it slow to a stop) and it closes on its own.

Totally agree with the dent risk and even with the front crease acting as a stiffener, I can see the AL giving and bending in if I am doing the "close with the palms pushing down on the hood, after had closed past the safety catch".
I can verify the hood dents easy. I already had a dent removed by PDR (caused most likely by a ball, but unknown for sure). I am very careful when washing, waxing, etc the hood to be gentle.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh maaaan! Here I go again, hobbling out with the walker to check my hood. :(

I thought sure I closed it by dropping it after I installed my struts. ?
Someone find something else to check quick. This way Bill won't have to go to PT tonight since he's been in and out of his damn garage 6 times already today. ?

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Someone find something else to check quick. This way Bill won't have to go to PT tonight since he's been in and out of his damn garage 6 times already today. ?
As we were finishing up, my PT person said, “you will be sore tomorrow, so don’t freak out.” I said, “I was going to be sore tomorrow, before I came here.” Pretty sure she thinks I am a sissy, which of course is accurate. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As we were finishing up, my PT person said, “you will be sore tomorrow, so don’t freak out.” I said, “I was going to be sore tomorrow, before I came here.” Pretty sure she thinks I am a sissy, which of course is accurate. :)
You think you're sore now just wait until your coach gets ahold of you. She'll have no mercy. :surprised:

You should just cancel the rest of your PT appointments this week. We'll find plenty of things to keep you busy. ?

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
You think you're sore now just wait until your coach gets ahold of you. She'll have no mercy. :surprised:

You should just cancel the rest of your PT appointments this week. We'll find plenty of things to keep you busy. ?

Even worse, Mary knows Kala (Kala is so much like Mary it is scary, except 35 years younger).

I first went to Kala for a torn rotator cuff injury I got during our snowmeggedon winter. She had me back 100% in about 3 months and countless crying sessions. Mary has used her for a shoulder problem as well. Now they get to gang up on me.

Two tiny sadists, “signz zee papah old man!” :0