Bottom of the driver door step up all scratched up

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Sorry the title is kinda weird but the bottom on the driver door say the step up is becoming all scratched up and paint is missing. Should this be something I need to be worried about and should it be happening to this degree for such a new vehicle?

83414E28-42EB-41AE-852B-3C8AF3E2CFCD.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
bamahater

bamahater

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
whats causing it?

boots? rocks on your shoes?

you either need to add some protection, or change the way you get in and out of the vehicle
Not sure, I just noticed it. I normally wear athletic shoes so I don’t think it’s a footwear problem.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
To protect both sills and rockers from stones and shoes on my SCab, I installed Bushwacker Trail Armor Rocker Panel and Sill Plate Covers. They wrap under to the pinch weld.

Thick, hard, and very durable.

Made for both SCab and SCrew.

Image 1208.png

Image 1210.png

Image 1209.png

coverton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I had the same problem on my 2020 Ranger Super Crew I installed the rocker covers from Ford. The same as Ranger_Rocks. In My opinion best mod yet installed in about 15 min looks good fits good and love that fact that it also protects the outside underneath to the rocker pinch weld. Well worth the couple hundred bucks.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I had the same problem on my 2020 Ranger Super Crew I installed the rocker covers from Ford. The same as Ranger_Rocks. In My opinion best mod yet installed in about 15 min looks good fits good and love that fact that it also protects the outside underneath to the rocker pinch weld. Well worth the couple hundred bucks.
I bookmarked these to buy for my 2021 when it arrives. Kinda a bummer this isn't stock. Both my Subarus have similar covers as stock, on vehicles that are 2/3 the price of my upcoming Ranger :(

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I'm legitimately curious whether they end up trapping moisture & debris and accelerate corrosion. I guess maybe if it's out of sight it doesn't matter.

Reactions: EJH