Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Howdy y’all,

Got most of it installed. I think I bought an extra cap? Ford brake cap? Maybe it’s under the engine cover. The only complaint I have is the windshield wiper fluid cap doesn’t fit as tight as I would like, but I doubt it will come off. Can’t figure out how to install this dang roll pin on the dipstick handle. I don’t want to bend it up… any tips for installing roll pins, maybe I have to get a roll pin kit? I had a hell of a time getting the old roll pin out. Had to bang it 3/4 out then drill the rest out.

If I were to do it again, I would skip the windshield wiper cap and the only buy one of the brake caps listed on the site, for some reason there is two brake caps listed. @Boomba Racing any reason there is two different brake caps listed? They are both covers as well, neither one is an actual cap. Fixed quickly after this post and an email to them.

C5504640-383C-422A-9F69-E547E5C80B53.jpeg
A0AB07B6-8451-45A4-8D0F-9A2EC2C1DF10.jpeg

C86943E4-A26A-43B8-A80D-A3CA7269DFFB.jpeg

E8B41956-D9DD-4B9D-AECA-FEFCAC95C2C0.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hi Brandon,

Looks like you did not replace they 710 cap either...

best,
Phil
Hi Phil,

I’ll admit… I had to google said cap. Now I get it ?

Warm regards,
Brandon

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks nice and clean Brandon. Now all you need is some heat resistant stickers under the hood! :p:bandit:

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Looks nice and clean Brandon. Now all you need is some heat resistant stickers under the hood! :p:bandit:
Thank you Dave :bow: Really finalize my sticker king title. High heat stickers plastered on each part in the engine bay, free advertising to the Ford tech when he pops the hood :crackup:

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy y’all,

Got most of it installed. I think I bought an extra cap? Ford brake cap? Maybe it’s under the engine cover. The only complaint I have is the windshield wiper fluid cap doesn’t fit as tight as I would like, but I doubt it will come off. Can’t figure out how to install this dang roll pin on the dipstick handle. I don’t want to bend it up… any tips for installing roll pins, maybe I have to get a roll pin kit? I had a hell of a time getting the old roll pin out. Had to bang it 3/4 out then drill the rest out.

If I were to do it again, I would skip the windshield wiper cap and the only buy one of the brake caps listed on the site, for some reason there is two brake caps listed. @Boomba Racing any reason there is two different brake caps listed? They are both covers as well, neither one is an actual cap.

the video I saw just said to hit the pin with a brass hammer

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
the video I saw just said to hit the pin with a brass hammer
As you quoted me I was already at it with the brass hammer haha. Was scared but it worked out well! All installed now. Thanks Mark!
78A25E00-2588-4AAC-8C01-E07B677A518E.jpeg

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
That engine cover looks like a monstrosity
Haha I’m quite happy with it :) I have a second engine cover from Levittown, just happy enough with this one that I won’t be redoing the engine cover until maybe some holiday break. It’s so hard to work with the foam.

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
Looks like you did not replace they 710 cap either...
I once borrowed a friend's early-70's International Scout. Right in the center of the dash was a big knob that said "OOOH". I was scared to death to touch the oooh knob.

When I returned the Scout to him, I asked about the oooh knob. He looked confused and asked me to point it out to him. He got a big laugh. Those Scouts had a hood release on the dash and his "HOOD" release knob was upside down. That "D" looked like an "O", thus "OOOH".

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Howdy y’all,

If I were to do it again, I would skip the windshield wiper cap and the only buy one of the brake caps listed on the site, for some reason there is two brake caps listed. @Boomba Racing any reason there is two different brake caps listed? They are both covers as well, neither one is an actual cap.

Lets Go Brandon!!!! Sorry couldn't contain myself. Looks good bro!! Now I'm wondering how all those nice Blue color pieces would match on my lightning blue... Hmmmmm

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Lets Go Brandon!!!! Sorry couldn't contain myself. Looks good bro!! Now I'm wondering how all those nice Blue color pieces would match on my lightning blue... Hmmmmm
Hahaha. Thank you Stangman! I am sure it would look lovely on the lightning blue :inlove:

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
1) Not bad, would be better with actual covers for the reservoirs though imo.
2)You have a license plate bracket but no plate, why man?

OP
OP
dondonbabyraptor

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
1) Not bad, would let better with actual covers for the reservoirs though imo.
2)You have a license plate bracket but no plate, why man?
Agreed on 1. Haha, I actually like the little weeb culture japanese sticker on my "license plate". I also use the front license plate holder as a cushion for people who like to "kiss" when reverse parallel parking in the cities. Also, I don't know why but the front looks a lot wider with nothing there, not my particular look I like. Although, I know many like the wider look.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Agreed on 1. Haha, I actually like the little weeb culture japanese sticker on my "license plate". I also use the front license plate holder as a cushion for people who like to "kiss" when reverse parallel parking in the cities. Also, I don't know why but the front looks a lot wider with nothing there, not my particular look I like. Although, I know many like the wider look.
More than fair, and makes sense functionality wise.

Do they sell these caps in black? I'm not one for colorizing the engine bay(Outside of nice shiny metal lines of course)
Sponsored