Boarder Ranger

emerworth01

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4
Attached is a picture of my 2020 Ranger XL STX 4x4. No bells and whistles, just a badass truck. Side steps are aftermarket.
Picture was taken in the desert between Sunland Park, New Mexico and the border (about 20 minutes west of El Paso TX. In the background you can see the border fence and behind it the Colonia of Anapra (one of the poorest neighborhoods in Juarez, Mexico. The terrain is beautiful though and very fun to explore. I must have tripped on of the sensors though as not 5 minutes into my being there I was approached by the US Border Patrol and was momentarily questioned.
The truck performed well, I did have to shift to 4L momentarily to get unstuck from some loose sand going up a hill, but the truck handled it, no problem.
20200205_121515.jpg
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Attached is a picture of my 2020 Ranger XL STX 4x4. No bells and whistles, just a badass truck. Side steps are aftermarket.
Picture was taken in the desert between Sunland Park, New Mexico and the border (about 20 minutes west of El Paso TX. In the background you can see the border fence and behind it the Colonia of Anapra (one of the poorest neighborhoods in Juarez, Mexico. The terrain is beautiful though and very fun to explore. I must have tripped on of the sensors though as not 5 minutes into my being there I was approached by the US Border Patrol and was momentarily questioned.
The truck performed well, I did have to shift to 4L momentarily to get unstuck from some loose sand going up a hill, but the truck handled it, no problem.
20200205_121515.jpg
Hi Evan,

Yep...here in Green Valley, I have been on my 3 mile route, walking at a very brisk pace and stopped by Border Patrol. I found out long ago to not fun with these great folks...just explain your situation of walking for exercise. I also thank them for their service. They have a very tough and dangerous job to do! Since I have been doing this same route for some 15 years, Border Patrol just waves, and on a couple occasions they stop and introduce a new to the area person riding shotgun and I welcome them to the area...They see me in my cowboy hat and know I am not a border crosser...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I used to drive my 87 Ranger out there. I was stationed at Ft Bliss. We would take the leftover live ammo from the qualifying ranges and a bunch of us owned mini-14's and we would drive around and shoot jackrabbits. Only time I've ever been shot at, was in that area. We think we came upon some drug smugglers and they shot at us to scare us off...or I hope it was to scare us off. After the 3rd bullet went over our heads, we realized what was happening and unassed the AO.
Sponsored