• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Delaware Blind Spot alert light

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
Is there a way to adjust the Blind Spot Activation distance? Mine doesn’t activate on the driver’s side until a car to my left is almost at my rear bumper. It’s almost useless at that short distance warning. Read in the manual that the distance increases at higher speeds. Haven’t really noticed that.
Sponsored

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
That is how it works. That is your blind spot. The system is not designed to eliminate the need for mirrors and good driving habits. It is meant to tell you when something is in your blind spot.

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I'm with you on how short the distance is. Our Mazda is just the opposite, it warns so far away I have to turn around and make sure there isn't another car between me and the one it's picking up. I wish I could adjust both of them to something in the middle.

OP
OP
Ranger Roger

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
That is how it works. That is your blind spot. The system is not designed to eliminate the need for mirrors and good driving habits. It is meant to tell you when something is in your blind spot.
thanks

I installed a blind spot mirror on each side to view before changing lanes.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Instead of installing blind spot mirrors, correctly aiming the side mirrors is a better solution. The majority of drivers do not have the side mirrors aimed properly and thus create a larger blind spot by doing so. Most from my experience will adjust the mirrors so the edge of their vehicle can be seen without moving their head. The result is the side mirrors end up showing much of what the rear view does, and severely limiting what is next to you. The other issues is the side mirrors now also reflect light from the headlights of drivers behind you, right into your eyes at night.

To solve these issues and reduce the blind spot to nearly zero lean your head over until it's nearly touching the glass, then adjust the mirror so the side of your vehicle is just barely visible. Do the same for the passenger side by leaning your head to the right by the same amount. Then when sitting normally you now have a much better view of what is next to you and all but eliminates the need for the blind spot mirrors. In most cases the car next to you will still be visible in the mirror, when it becomes visible in your peripheral vision, or by a slight glance out the side window. Another benefit is now the headlights from the driver behind you will no longer shine right into your eyes. It does take a little getting used to but once you adjust to this mirror adjustment, you will be amazed at how much more you can see, and how much better it is.

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
Porpoise Hork is absolutely correct in the adjustment of the side mirrors.
I have been using this method for at least 10 years and find that the blind spot lights are worthless. When you see the light, you see the car, No light-No Car.
it may take a little time to get used to it, but it definitely worth the time and effort.
here is a video that shows exactly this.
Sponsored