Blackvue Dashcam Power Magic EZ

andrewonice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I recently purchased a new Blackvue Dashcam with the Power Magic EZ adapter which allows you to plug into the OBD II port for power. I was installing it today and when I plugged it into the OBD II port, it would not power on. I tried it in my other car and it worked fine. Has anyone else tried the Power Magic EZ in their Ranger and gotten it to work? Wondering it it is a Ranger issue or just mine. I have contacted Blackvue but haven't heard back yet.
Sponsored

DAngelo

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
I recently purchased a new Blackvue Dashcam with the Power Magic EZ adapter which allows you to plug into the OBD II port for power. I was installing it today and when I plugged it into the OBD II port, it would not power on. I tried it in my other car and it worked fine. Has anyone else tried the Power Magic EZ in their Ranger and gotten it to work? Wondering it it is a Ranger issue or just mine. I have contacted Blackvue but haven't heard back yet.
Hi, I have also just ordered this online and waiting for arrival. Are you still having issues or have you managed to solve and got it going?

OP
OP

andrewonice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Hi, I have also just ordered this online and waiting for arrival. Are you still having issues or have you managed to solve and got it going?
No, I couldn’t get it to work and BlackVue didn’t really help, they told me to send it back to the retailer and ask for a newer version. I was reading about some Audi’s and other cars that it doesn’t work with. One of the suggestions was to try a different version from Amazon UK called a Conecta. I have ordered one and I’m waiting for it to arrive to try it.

Tiewunon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2018 Lincoln MKX, 2017 F-150 King R
Occupation
Retired
This past April I installed a Blackvue Dashcam in my wife's car. I went with the straight stick "Power Pro" on installation vice the EZ seeing how it was just hitting the market. Installation was straight forward. Box is hidden and works like a charm. If the "EZ" does not work out for you might want to give the Power Pro a shot.
I have since installed a second Blakcvue in my King Ranch and used the same set up no issues.
Not sure if I will install a camera in the Ranger hopefully you can get the issue worked out.

OP
OP

andrewonice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
If anyone is curious, the Conecta (Amazon.co.uk link) worked perfectly with my Ranger. I'm not sure why, but I'm happy to get it working. With shipping from the UK, it was only a few dollars more than the Power Magic EZ.

alpha1172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger lariat
I tried to install one tonight. I git nothing from it. Ordered the pro kit. Ex setup was just so quick. I really had hoped it would work

OP
OP

andrewonice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I tried to install one tonight. I git nothing from it. Ordered the pro kit. Ex setup was just so quick. I really had hoped it would work
Interesting, there is something about the Ranger that isn’t compatible.
Sponsored