Bilstein 6112 upgrade install video.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys this isn't mine, but just saw this install video on this Bilstein upgrade. Pretty nice looking. Curious how they will perform.

Sponsored

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I guess he didn't feel it was necessary to remove the half-shaft nut and push the axle out of the hub to prevent damage when pressing down on the lower control arm to remove the strut. Did he pop the inner CV joint? Time will tell.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
I just saw this on youtube too!

I have 5100's all around and up front I have 550 eibach coils. I'm sure these are much better! I would buy those rear shocks right now if I wasn't planning on a bed cage with shocks through the bed they look siiiick. I am excited to see others with these; Bilstein makes quality products.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I just saw this on youtube too!

I have 5100's all around and up front I have 550 eibach coils. I'm sure these are much better! I would buy those rear shocks right now if I wasn't planning on a bed cage with shocks through the bed they look siiiick. I am excited to see others with these; Bilstein makes quality products.
I have the 5100 with stock coils did the eibach spring do anything for you? The 5100 give a 2.5" lift what did the eibach springs do different?

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 5100 with stock coils did the eibach spring do anything for you? The 5100 give a 2.5" lift what did the eibach springs do different?
Yea man so I initially put on the 5100's and the highest setting with stock coils, it was an improvement so I was happy at first, but it was just rough.

I got the eibach coils which provide 3" of lift on the lowest setting of the shock. Such a smooth soft ride around town. I highly recommend this if you already have the 5100's. Thing is I had the coils put on at the same time I had my long travel kit installed so no review with stock arms.

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Yea man so I initially put on the 5100's and the highest setting with stock coils, it was an improvement so I was happy at first, but it was just rough.

I got the eibach coils which provide 3" of lift on the lowest setting of the shock. Such a smooth soft ride around town. I highly recommend this if you already have the 5100's. Thing is I had the coils put on at the same time I had my long travel kit installed so no review with stock arms.
I have been looking for a 3" coil for our trucks did you order it from eibach? Or a 3rd party

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you feel it gave you an actual 3" lift? I only ask because the description said paired with the eibach shocks it will give you 3" on the lowest setting. I'm just wondering if the 5100 are about the same?

If so that's a deal to get 1 better springs and get an extra .5" so it sits perfectly level
The Bilstein 5100 and the eibach pro truck shock when paired with the factory coil both give 0" lift at the lowest setting, so yes the eibach coil on either shock should give a 3" lift. I have not measured to confirm. To me it feels the same or maybe a little higher then when I had the 2.5" lift using the highest setting on the 5100's with factory coils. Anyway, it feels soft on road you will definitely feel soft up front and flow over bumps. But then you will feel the bucking of the rear and then maybe want to upgrade that. Old man emu is a good bang for your buck, I just ordered the deavers because I want to hit the dirt.
Sponsored