Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh I saw this, but I am really noob when it comes to modding a truck. This is the first time I have ever gone a little bananas wanting to mod a truck since the Ranger is very nice. Does bilstein 5100 shocks do anything in regards to this? It says on the features it is an alternative to coil spring spacers but not sure what exactly it does. I kind of went down the rabbit hole of all the different forums and pulled the trigger on some 1500's to make the ride more comfortable since I was bouncing all over the place on a washboard trail. Sorry if I sound real new to all of this..
Yep, it’s easy to go down that rabbit hole Alice.

It’s also easy to get confused by the terminology. GTGallop was referring to 1/4” wheel spacers that go between the wheel and hub to move the tires away from the knuckle. The Bilstein’s reference to coil spring spacers refers to level or lift kits that achive lift by inserting a spacer between the top of the front struts and their mounting position on the frame.

Two different animals completely but they are often discussed in tandem when considering a level/lift and bigger tires.

So, yeah, anyone new to this is going to get confused. There are no charts or tables to help someone find what works best, so there’s usually a lot of thread reading in order to understand things and sort it all out. Basically, you learn from the experience of others.

AlexRanger

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Has anyone tried a 20" wheel with a 55 series height? I don't do offroading will be a quiet all season tire. Thanks!

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I am currently shopping tires and I like the looks of the General grabber A/TX in th2 285/60/18 size. It is 31.5" which would preserve some gear ration and will fit my stock wheels. I have Bilsteins front and rear with a 2" raise in the front. Anyone have any idea how much of a spacer I would need and if the crash bars will be an issue? I have splash guards too...

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I am currently shopping tires and I like the looks of the General grabber A/TX in th2 285/60/18 size. It is 31.5" which would preserve some gear ration and will fit my stock wheels. I have Bilsteins front and rear with a 2" raise in the front. Anyone have any idea how much of a spacer I would need and if the crash bars will be an issue? I have splash guards too...
I can also get this size in Nitto and Cooper. I would go with the lightest weight.

Gafi26

First Name
Galvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger xlt sports 2020
Occupation
Auto mechanic
How much bigger can we go with no lift? Looking at 265/70/17 which are 31.6 vs the stock 265/65/17 which are 30.5. so that only equates to 1/2" difference in diameter approx.
265x70 17 just loosen your front crashbar and push backwards little

Pjt1021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Occupation
Machinist
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know what's the biggest tire I can go with on 18 inch stock wheels with no lift with no interference.

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on OEM 265 60R18 with stock suspension. Any problems going 275 60 R18?

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Out of curiosity, sounds like many of you upgrade your tires before its time to do so. What do you guys do with the old tires if there's still plenty of life to them?
I have a set of curlers with less than 3000 miles on them off my sport 4x4. Guess I'm gonna try and sell on market place. Good question though

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I have a set of curlers with less than 3000 miles on them off my sport 4x4. Guess I'm gonna try and sell on market place. Good question though
Dualers haha auto correct didn't like it haha

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Technically, the largest tires you can fit with no lift, is the same size tires you can fit with a lift, unless you are reducing suspension travel with a spacer lift or something like that.

sdp

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have this same truck and looking for this exact stance. Yours look GREAT. I dont see in the thread what offset you chose. Did you select 20 or go with stock?
Thank you! Sorry that this is probably too late, but yes I went with a 20mm offset. The other options for the Fuel Shoks are 1 and -12 which would have pushed the wheel out too far for my taste.

DAT84

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Sport | '09 MS3 - CorkSport Tuned
Occupation
Structural Detailer / Drafter
So I've spent hours reading through multiple threads...Can someone confirm that a 265/70/17 will fit on a bone stock XLT Sport (plan to do leveling kit in the future, but would love to get rid of the stock Bridgestones ASAP). From what I understand, there is no height difference between the Sport and FX4. Am I correct? Pic for reference.

20210306_182202.jpg

350toRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
So I've spent hours reading through multiple threads...Can someone confirm that a 265/70/17 will fit on a bone stock XLT Sport (plan to do leveling kit in the future, but would love to get rid of the stock Bridgestones ASAP). From what I understand, there is no height difference between the Sport and FX4. Am I correct? Pic for reference.
My truck is not a Sport, but I recently put 265/70R17 BFG KO2 tires on my 2020 XLT with stock rims and no lift and they fit just fine.

Ranger_265_BFGTires.JPG