First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I believe DevilDog1775 has put a bigger turbo in his. Might want to connect up with him and compare notes.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Before you go to a bigger turbo do be aware that you will lose a fair bit of low-end torque. That low-end torque is what's going to help you when you're on the street doing basic daily driving and when you're towing. Not too many people want to think about that when putting a bigger turbo on. Just want to make sure you are at least aware.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Testing has showing the torque is actually higher. It's a precision turbinetics dual ball bearing billet wheel 54 mm. Should put out right around 440 on stock fuel system. Going to have it dyno next week. I'll let y'all know how it comes out. I'll know a lot more than like how the intercoolers is doing and how much the fuel system can handle.
You might gain torque in the High rpm range but you will still lose it in the low rpm range which is where you will most likely want it. I have already seen the dyno graph from 5Star and I can say the power you get in the high end is nice but what you lose in the low end isnt worth it unless you are planning to race the truck.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is. Im ready to bolt it on. 54mm precision Turbo. Catless downpipe and dual exhaust.

Please keep us all posted on this build and the dyno results. Also a sound clip if you can manage would be awesome.

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Stock ,no mods, 93 octane unleashed tune ..388 lb/ft torque

B0555A6E-7DB2-4D49-92FB-3A05B7A79D88.jpeg

Doc did you ever do that lowering kit on your Ranger? If so where can I find some pictures?

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Doc did you ever do that lowering kit on your Ranger? If so where can I find some pictures?
There's a few pictures here and some on the next page. It looks great and can't wait to see the track results.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
That wasn't a very good example The mustangs don't have a big enough intercooler from what I hear. So I'm sure it's a very mild tune but I'll find out for sure next week on the dyno. A few of the guys are running bigger intercoolers and are making about 440 foot pounds of torque. This isn't like a real big turbo it's just more efficient than the stock one. I own a trucking company so I really don't use this ranger for nothing it's a toy for me and it's going to be a really fast toy.
Thatā€™s awesome ...Good Luck !
Regards
Doc

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can't believe that nobody makes a bolt on performance turbo for this truck. This one I have I had to make fit. I've been at it about a month now. Had to pay a machine shop quite a bit to do all the machine work. I' spend about probably three grand to make this turbo bolt onto my truck. It's a precision kit for a mustang and I was hoping it would bolt right on well that didn't happen. Like it didn't even bolt on to the engine. None of the lines worked Plus the turbo for the Ranger has a electronic wastegate. So the electronic wastegate had to be mounted onto the new turbo. There was some clearance issues with how close it was bolted to the block so spacer had to be made to move the turbo out. It seems like every time I fixed one problem another one would come up. That went on for weeks. But it's ready All I have to do is bolt it on take it and get it tuned. Also i have a throttle body nitrous kit thats going on. We're going to spray it a little. Make sure it comes out of the hole good and hard. The nitrous kit was also for mustang and it didn't bolt on either but I made it. I see a built engine in my future.
You do realize CRP makes one right? It's available at stage 3 Motorsports. All they did was change the compressor and impeller Wheels. Still have to tune for it but other than that it will bolt on.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes I seen it. I really wanted a larger frame turbo. This turbo you know quite a bit bigger especially on the exhaust side. And I'm hoping to be up around 30-lb area by the time I get done. I did plan this all out I'm going to go racing with my son. He tunes Fords and he's got a mustang that makes about 1800. I'm hoping to make it fast enough to do some bracket racing.
Canā€™t wait to see your ET !
Regards
Doc
EDIT: You can bracket race anything that rolls...:like:

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Let's hope its around 11.50. Because its the dail in for the race. In this case its anything as long as it runs at least 11.50s.
That would be 11.50 index. Iā€™m in Live Oak, Where do you race ? I race at South Georgia motorsports park and Gainesville.
Regards
Sponsored