Bigger tires w/o FX4 package/ Goodyear Duratrac Review

Morgan1002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew 4X4 301A Sport and Tech Lightning Blue
Thanks all for the advice within this forum. Was great help when deciding what size tire to purchase. I decided to bump up to a P rated 265/70/R16

As for the model of tire, I knew I wanted the Duratrac. Not only has it already proven itself to me in BC’s mild to wild winters, its pretty much the gold standard as far as a winter rated aggressive A/T tire goes. Had a set on my Toyota Prado and they proved very competent in the deep stuff and the icy, compacted snow covered highways.

B32181E7-0B05-4B49-9941-825CD9C8BBB6.jpeg

The P rating definitely helps in the winter as far as maintaining the contact patch goes, so that outweighed the added durability of an LT tire for me. Why aren’t more people in this forum talking about these tires?! They give you the aggressive look of a mud terrain with the a ride quality that‘s almost on par with a highway biased tire. I’ve tires the BFG’s, but they just dont have the winter grip that these Goodyear’s have.

Yes, these tires will fit a non-FX4 Ranger, however there is a tiny bit of rub on right full lock against the front air dam. I plan to remove this anyway so not a dealbreaker for me. FX4 Rangers don’t have the same air dam which Is why I’m guessing there’s no mention of rub on this size tire among owners that have upgraded. Just something to note if you plan to get a bigger size. Would love to hear comments about others experiences with upgrading their tires or opinions on other brands.

0A731554-48C5-4F3B-8B0B-FA30962C9B09.jpeg
Sponsored