First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone been out and done some 4wheeling in Big Bear recently? I am looking to head up from SD with my wife and pup on Saturday. Looking for an easy-moderate trail to get somewhere more remote away from people to have lunch and let the dog run around off leash.

Can anyone recommend a trail and give any insight on snow levels up there? Planning on going by myself for a little date-day with the wife and want to make sure I am not getting into anything hairy without any other rigs around for recovery.

Thanks!
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
This is super useful, thanks!
You night get up to date info there.

If you go to the West end of the mountains there are lots of good trails like Cleghorn, if near Lake Arrowhead there are a bunch of cool trails off HWY 173 north of the lake, Willow Creek Jeep Trail is fun and near Big Bear you can find some on north side of the Lake near Fawnskin back in Holcomb Valley such as Hanna Flats. Been years since I've been on any and did those in Subaru so truck is no problem.

Video in a Forester on part of Willow Creek Jeep Trail.

A little longer run

OP
OP
fortywater12

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
You night get up to date info there.

If you go to the West end of the mountains there are lots of good trails like Cleghorn, if near Lake Arrowhead there are a bunch of cool trails off HWY 173 north of the lake, Willow Creek Jeep Trail is fun and near Big Bear you can find some on north side of the Lake near Fawnskin back in Holcomb Valley such as Hanna Flats. Been years since I've been on any and did those in Subaru so truck is no problem.

Video in a Forester on part of Willow Creek Jeep Trail.

A little longer run
Awesome, thanks so much for the info man! Nice videos!

It looks like most of the snow has turned into slush/mud from the webcams I have been looking at.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Awesome, thanks so much for the info man! Nice videos!

It looks like most of the snow has turned into slush/mud from the webcams I have been looking at.
Yes, even at those elevations it can melt fast this time of year.

OP
OP
fortywater12

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer