First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I got the late night munchies and it got me wondering, what is the best restaurant that you've ever eaten at?
1) What type of food
2) What City and State (And or Country)
Sponsored

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
Whenever we're in Vegas my wife and I always eat at the Cheesecake Factory In the Forum Shops in Ceasars Palace, I always have either the orange chicken or the Factory Burrito.....I miss Vegas:(

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
its a very subjective question for me
theres too many variables.

case in point, at the right moment....a cold big mac could be the best thing to happen to me that day.
i'll have to think about this longer
You’re totally right, it’s a very context-based question. Some of the first places that come to mind are pubs around the UK that I’ve been to. Lots of good memories with my wife there. Have no idea what I ate (probably fish n chips). So does it still count?

I’ll try to categorize.

Best in my hometown: Cave Gang Pizza
Best on a personal trip: idk one of the pubs (they’re all pretty equivalent honestly)
Best on a work trip: Mystic Grill, Covington, GA

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Back in the 80's, there used to be a place in Oelwein IA called The Sportsman and they had a KILLER 18oz T-bone !! The owner hand picked the cattle and had them butchered the way he wanted them. Unfortunately, it burned down in the 90's.
Fast food--Best burrito I've ever eaten (I was usually drunk, but I've eaten them sober too) was on the U of Illinios campus/area called LaBamba's. Soooo good !! "Burritos as big as your head, drive through as big as your car" :LOL:
If you're ever in Turkey, you have to have a doner kebab. It's just like a gyro. And a loaf of turkish bread called ekmek. One of the few things I miss from Turkey.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It is quite subjective for sure as one day it could be this restaurant, the next another. But, I would say that after a long day in the car (on a long road trip) we stopped at the Big Texan in Amarillo, TX. Mercy, that steak made my tongue want to beat my brains out. :)

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Best overall dining experience: Prego, in the Singapore Raffles hotel. Unfortunately, no longer exists. Favorite food: County Line Barbecue, Albuquerque, NM.

Edit: posting this caused me to see what happened to my favorite restaurant in Singapore, and it appears to have been reborn :)

Last edited:

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Its not a restaurant but more so a shack on the beach in Isabela Puerto Rico.

Best fish tacos and mojitos Ive ever had. Every Monday they close to go fishing for the week. Its ran by an awesome couple originally from Minnesota.

By far one of my favorite reasons to go down every year. Cant wait for June

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Long ago and far away (back in the early 80's) I used to go to "The Pepper Mill" in Greensboro, NC. Awesome prime rib! Quiet dining, comfortable chairs. A really nice place to eat.

Since then I'm like many of the folks here...not terribly picky and depending on the day/time nearly anything could be spectacular...even a cold burger from McDonalds ;)

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
The Frontier Restaurant in Albuquerque
Home | Frontier Restaurant

There is nothing in the world like authentic Mexican food from our state of New Mexico. We are famous for both our Red and Green chile...you have probably seen us in the chile wars on the news. You will never be happy with another Burrito after you have eaten one of these. You will probably resort to have them overnighted to your address or fly out to get them. If you like them really hot like us that are used to it that way, order an extra side of Green chile with your Burrito. My mouth is watering right now for one of these...even after having one Saturday morning!
  • BREAKFAST BURRITO one egg, hash browns, cheddar cheese and green chile
    Also Available with BACON, HAM, SAUSAGE, or CARNE ADOVADA

Last edited:

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
Every time we drive to ABQ, we plan our drive to make it to Gallup for lunch at Blakes. Then sometime during our stay we get a Dion's Special and just before we leave for home, pick up a dozen burritos from Golden Pride.

it was much harder to find a really good place to eat in AZ. But I will have to go with At My Place - A Filipino restaurant and Forefathers for cheesesteaks.

Blakes LotaBurger
Dion's Pizza
Golden Pride(Frontier)
At My Place
Forefathers

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Ok, for me it was Smith and Wollensky Chicago IL. Had a 20 Oz Ribeye with baked stuffed (huge) potatoe, Asparagus and a chef salad. Was with a group of friends and they were pretty amazed I socked every bite of it down with 2 beers. The eye bulges came when I ordered desert and hammered that down too!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Every time we drive to ABQ, we plan our drive to make it to Gallup for lunch at Blakes. Then sometime during our stay we get a Dion's Special and just before we leave for home, pick up a dozen burritos from Golden Pride.

it was much harder to find a really good place to eat in AZ. But I will have to go with At My Place - A Filipino restaurant and Forefathers for cheesesteaks.

Blakes LotaBurger
Dion's Pizza
Golden Pride(Frontier)
At My Place
Forefathers
Gilbert,
Golden Pride is affiliated with the Frontier but for some reason, the Burritos even though good there, lack the special unique flavor that the original Frontier has. If you ever get a chance, try the Frontier instead, and see what you think. Dion's is also my favorite pizza in the city and Blake's have great hamburgers, serving them with our best green chile from Hatch, NM.
Happy dining!
Paul
Sponsored