Best Portland Area dealer for service

Delasangre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Custom Hot Rod Builder
I flew up to Seattle to buy the truck and I am wondering who the best dealer would be around Portland/Oregon City for service
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I flew up to Seattle to buy the truck and I am wondering who the best dealer would be around Portland/Oregon City for service
Looks like you are in my neck of the woods.... I've heard good things about Canby Ford, although they were recently sold to Dick's I guess. I had a small warranty repair done there by a forum member who used to work there - he has since moved to Texas. I need to schedule an appointment to get the recall checked and I want to get the trans TSB done before my warranty runs out in April. I was planning on calling Canby. I've also heard good things about Landmark in Tigard.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Looks like you are in my neck of the woods.... I've heard good things about Canby Ford, although they were recently sold to Dick's I guess. I had a small warranty repair done there by a forum member who used to work there - he has since moved to Texas. I need to schedule an appointment to get the recall checked and I want to get the trans TSB done before my warranty runs out in April. I was planning on calling Canby. I've also heard good things about Landmark in Tigard.
It's really too bad.. You can read the google reviews of dealerships, and several get such good sales department reviews, but bad review after bad review for the service departments.
I'm still trying to find one in the portland oregon area that isn't full of bad reviews for the service department.

Reactions: EJH

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It's really too bad.. You can read the google reviews of dealerships, and several get such good sales department reviews, but bad review after bad review for the service departments.
I'm still trying to find one in the portland oregon area that isn't full of bad reviews for the service department.
I would try Landmark - my son has had some good experiences there.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I haven't bought my ranger yet, but I'm seriously leaning towards a dealership with a top rated service department.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I just found this website where you see the reviews the dealership gets by service department or sales.
https://www.dealerrater.com/
Google has all the reviews together so you actually have to scroll through the reviews to find which are service department related or sales department rated.

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
I'm curious. did you get a better deal up near Seattle or did you have to go this far out to get the truck you wanted? I guess sales tax isn't an issue because you are an Oregon resident.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I went to Landmark for my first oil change. I complained about the bump on stop/start (slip yoke lube) and they did not address it. Landmark also has a PDR guy (paintless dent removal), and I request they take care of a hood dent. They made no effort to even look at this while the truck was in. In addition, when the service contact called me to let me know the work was done, he left a very quick VM stating no problems found, where his voice obviously sounded false like he didn't care. I cannot recommend Landmark.

I spend half my time in Bend and now use the Ford service center in Bend.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Seriously, everyone, go to Google, yelp, dealerrater and post your reviews. Very few will ever see it here in this forum.
Sponsored

Reactions: EJH