Best Hitch Bike Rack

xander279

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Crewcab
With my vision, I want to have a Rooftop Tent, as well as a fiberglass topper. Which leaves me a problem, where the F* do i put my bikes? I figured a hitch rack would be the best idea, but that may interfere with the tailgate, topper door. Open to suggestions. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I have this one. I'm happy with it. Bike's don't wiggle around and aren't mounted at very awkward angles like the carriers that mount the bike by the frame. It's made for a 1" receiver but has a 2" adapter that comes with it. I'd buy it again. It's for 2 bikes. Either way, I'd recommend one that holds the bikes by the tires and not by the frame.

https://www.reeseprod.com/products/.../uHvTF2JB0IP4f|Miq64dKBLAlsJDRl5PmoqQifdz9Zk=

rausa64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
With my vision, I want to have a Rooftop Tent, as well as a fiberglass topper. Which leaves me a problem, where the F* do i put my bikes? I figured a hitch rack would be the best idea, but that may interfere with the tailgate, topper door. Open to suggestions. Thanks for the help!
Greetings,

I have a hitch rack setup. The rack should be able to be "open" and dropped below the tailgate. I have never tried because when I've had my rack on, I have not needed to get into the bed through the tailgate.
We do have a tent bed setup. In that case, I just removed the rack from the hitch and set it aside.
HTH,
Rich
Sponsored