First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I received a call that my father passed away. They said he caught COVID and died within a week. Im not sure how, as he never leaves his house.
Anyway I know the States seem to have it under control, but still be careful. NOT fearful, but just careful. My cousin, his wife and son caught the variant and took prescribed medication and was better in 5 days.

My father kept to himself and was a vet, I really wish I could spend more time with him. We were putting money back and getting our passports renewed( which is at the US Embassy right now) I already had our reservations made. Our plans where to fly there in July, Im way to late.
Sponsored

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I received a call that my father passed away. They said he caught COVID and died within a week. Im not sure how, as he never leaves his house.
Anyway I know the States seem to have it under control, but still be careful. NOT fearful, but just careful. My cousin, his wife and son caught the variant and took prescribed medication and was better in 5 days.

My father kept to himself and was a vet, I really wish I could spend more time with him. We were putting money back and getting our passports renewed( which is at the US Embassy right now) I already had our reservations made. Our plans where to fly there in July, Im way to late.
Condolences on the loss of your father. It is tough when parents pass away.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
So sorry for your loss. My parents are in their mid eighties and I treasure the time I can spend with them.

This version of Covid is certainly contagious. I’ve had several co-workers come down with it recently, but fortunately they had mild symptoms. I went to a small down Walmart yesterday and they had so many people out sick that they could only operate the self serve checkout lanes. Maybe this version will expedite the so-called herd immunity we’ve all been waiting on.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Alex I so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard this is for you being so far away. Having dealt with Covid this past summer it's a terrible virus that comes on strong and there's no telling how or where he could've got it. Cherish the memories you had with him and all those good time will get you through it. If you ever need someone to talk to you know I'm here for you anytime my friend. May you dad rest peacefully in Gods arms now. ?

Rest In Peace.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I am sorry for your loss. May God bring your family strength and peace as you find your way to grieve.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

Blessings to you and your Dad ..

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
sorry about your loss.
must be even more hard to bear when you're so far away.

I'm sitting patiently for signs of symptoms as a few co-workers got it mid week.
I arrived to work wednesday, and they started showing symptoms with-in days.
I know the risk I bear since I fly across the country constantly.
Lets hope I dodged it again, but something tells me I'm not going to be so lucky.
double vaxxed and boosted since last monday.
If you do get it, hopefully it will be mild and short lived. My youngest daughter got it, having had both shots & booster. Tested neg. with a home kit, but positive with the "long test." For her, same as a cold but with loss of taste & smell. Fortunately, she & S-I-L can work from home most days, but their 2 & 6 year olds had to quarantine from day care and school. The six year old has now been vaxed.

On another forum I'm on there is a lot of Covid related frustration with int'l shipping. All venues USPS, UPS, FedEX, DHL, Maersk, Yang Ming etc seem to be bogged down worldwide.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Alex, Hope you don't mind but I'm moving this up to the General forum for now. I hope your arraignments are going smooth for you my friend.

One of our brothers is down and could use a little help from all of us. :sadface:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
So sorry for your loss. Lost my dad last year. I pray dealing with the military for proper burial goes smoothly. Our family had to stay on them for participation but that was also when this was full blown lockdown.

alan0614

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Lariat, 2017 GT350, 2016 Subaru Legacy
Occupation
Product and Training Manager
Sorry for your loss.