First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I received a call that my father passed away. They said he caught COVID and died within a week. Im not sure how, as he never leaves his house.
Anyway I know the States seem to have it under control, but still be careful. NOT fearful, but just careful. My cousin, his wife and son caught the variant and took prescribed medication and was better in 5 days.

My father kept to himself and was a vet, I really wish I could spend more time with him. We were putting money back and getting our passports renewed( which is at the US Embassy right now) I already had our reservations made. Our plans where to fly there in July, Im way to late.
Sorry for your loss.
Sponsored

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
That's awful. My condolences to you and your family.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Alex, my sympathies on the loss of your Dad. May God give you comfort, and strength as you go through this terrible journey.

Extreme01

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2008 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I received a call that my father passed away. They said he caught COVID and died within a week. Im not sure how, as he never leaves his house.
Anyway I know the States seem to have it under control, but still be careful. NOT fearful, but just careful. My cousin, his wife and son caught the variant and took prescribed medication and was better in 5 days.

My father kept to himself and was a vet, I really wish I could spend more time with him. We were putting money back and getting our passports renewed( which is at the US Embassy right now) I already had our reservations made. Our plans where to fly there in July, Im way to late.
Sorry for your loss bud, prayers your way..

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

I'm so, so sorry for you and your family.

I don't know if there's anything a bunch of guys on an internet forum can do for you, but if you think of anything don't hesitate to speak up!

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

OP
OP
viperwolf

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I just wanted to say thank you for all the kind words. I don't take things like that for granted, and appreciate you all very much. I lived here for 8 years now, never developed a friendship with anyone. Yeah, there is no onee here I can talk to about anything . So when stuff happens Im on my own other than my wife. She has been awesome BTW, but you know what I mean. There is also a culture barrier. I'm still learning things after we been together for so long.

So this forum keeps me in the loop of things going on back home. Lets me throw some bad sarcasm now and then.

The COVID cases are on the rise again here, I really hope this does not get bad again. We were just starting to get in an easier state.

I'm very serious when I say, I dont take things like this for granted.

Thank You!!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

I just saw this. So sorry Alex. I know this is very hard. God Bless you and your family.

Foodieguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat (El Trucke)
Occupation
IT Guy and Former International Athlete
Am so sorry brother! One of the things on the to do list when I get the Ranger is to go on a road trip with my 86 year old mother. She wants to revisit all the places in Texas and Oklahoma where she’s lived and see some relatives. Its time well spent.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Am so sorry brother! One of the things on the to do list when I get the Ranger is to go on a road trip with my 86 year old mother. She wants to revisit all the places in Texas and Oklahoma where she’s lived and see some relatives. Its time well spent.
Do it while you can! My dad passed while I was on a ship in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I got to spend a few months with my mom before she succumbed to cancer in 2010. It feels weird to say that I’m the oldest.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Hi Alex,

I am saddened to hear of your loss.

Sadly,
Phil
Sponsored