Bds crash bar removal

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Getting ready to install these bds intrusion bars. I read the directions and it says to remove the front bumper…. Im curious if anyone was able to to just cut the old front bars and was able to just slide the bds front bars into place and torque down? Because thats a lot of stuff to remove on the front bumper lol.
Sponsored

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
Yes, some people have done that. However, make sure you are using a good cutting tool or you will be spending much time and many blades cutting all the way through. Many have reported that problem as well.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Getting ready to install these bds intrusion bars. I read the directions and it says to remove the front bumper…. Im curious if anyone was able to to just cut the old front bars and was able to just slide the bds front bars into place and torque down? Because thats a lot of stuff to remove on the front bumper lol.
Just loosen the front bumper bolts without removing...pull bumper out one side at a time and you can slide out the bar...pull the other side and slide that bar out...

OP
OP
Jrel209

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Just loosen the front bumper bolts without removing...pull bumper out one side at a time and you can slide out the bar...pull the other side and slide that bar out...
Ohh might try that ty. So remove the front valence first as instructed, but instead of removing whole front bumper just do one side at a time by loosening the front bumper and slide the bar out?

OP
OP
Jrel209

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
K got the fronts done but ran outta light, so will have to do rears tomorrow. Removing the bumper was a pain in the ass….. i hate any manufacturer that uses those cheap flimsy clips that break and fall off so easily lol.

B9C88663-DEF5-40E8-BEE2-D19D81634D8C.jpeg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Ohh might try that ty. So remove the front valence first as instructed, but instead of removing whole front bumper just do one side at a time by loosening the front bumper and slide the bar out?
Yes...loosen the bolts as much as possible with it coming out...then pull one side at a time...the rear ones can be removed without cutting too...search my build thread...

OP
OP
Jrel209

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Yes...loosen the bolts as much as possible with it coming out...then pull one side at a time...the rear ones can be removed without cutting too...search my build thread...
Oh shit really? Ill have to look ty
Sponsored