Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
installed the light shield a couple of weeks ago and took the truck to a car wash this morning, damn damn damn and now the led light bar has fog in it from water getting in it. you should not be having this kind of problem from something you paid that much for.........trying to figure out how to get the water out, and seal it better............crap.............rant over
Sponsored

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
installed the light shield a couple of weeks ago and took the truck to a car wash this morning, damn damn damn and now the led light bar has fog in it from water getting in it. you should not be having this kind of problem from something you paid that much for.........trying to figure out how to get the water out, and seal it better............crap.............rant over
I said awhile ago its the problem those have. The tube will turn color too.
Rip them out and make your own with some quality 3M auto tape water resistant led light strips. White or Amber, your choice...
or you can bitch at them to send you new ones...

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I was considering getting the same one for my truck. Found it in Ebay for around $80. Maybe I should look at something else. I only wanted something that was black, NOT SMOKE colored!

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Eesh - sorry to hear that.

OP
OP
T Bone

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
I was considering getting the same one for my truck. Found it in Ebay for around $80. Maybe I should look at something else. I only wanted something that was black, NOT SMOKE colored!
they have just redisigned the lights in the lightbar, the ones on ebay are the old leaking style and AVS just said they would send me a whole new lightshield, you are gonna have to pay more, 80 bucks is the old one, and will have no warranty

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
Wow, okay. Thanks for the update info. I actually emailed AVS about this issue, but no response yet....thank you!?

OP
OP
T Bone

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Wow, okay. Thanks for the update info. I actually emailed AVS about this issue, but no response yet....thank you!?
just got back off the phone with them i stand corrected, the new design lightbar is NOT in stock, they only have the old style..........so in all probability they will leak. i am gonna try sealing the new one they send me and they said they will send me the new design led bar when they get it.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
just got back off the phone with them i stand corrected, the new design lightbar is NOT in stock, they only have the old style..........so in all probability they will leak. i am gonna try sealing the new one they send me and they said they will send me the new design led bar when they get it.
Hmm....okay. Well, maybe I should get it from Ebay for $80, then expect a free replacement if I get the same water issues?

OP
OP
T Bone

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Hmm....okay. Well, maybe I should get it from Ebay for $80, then expect a free replacement if I get the same water issues?
the ones i see on ebay for $80.00 are the avs shields without lights.........customer service said if anyone is selling the avs lightshield for $80.00 there would be no warranty

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
the ones i see on ebay for $80.00 are the avs shields without lights.........customer service said if anyone is selling the avs lightshield for $80.00 there would be no warranty
Screenshot_20200714-151620_eBay.jpg

OP
OP
T Bone

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
well i will be damned, just telling ya what customer service at avs said, they wouldnt support the product if it sold below a certain point, and they said that was well above $100.00......i am looking at replacing my led bar in mine with something else

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
well i will be damned, just telling ya what customer service at avs said, they wouldnt support the product if it sold below a certain point, and they said that was well above $100.00......i am looking at replacing my led bar in mine with something else
Yeah, still debating on this. Not sure if it would be worth the hassle. I'm sure it looks good though...

OP
OP
T Bone

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Yeah, still debating on this. Not sure if it would be worth the hassle. I'm sure it looks good though...
they do look good, i paid 131.99 from amazon and avs said they would send new lightbars until i was happy or got the newly redesigned ones when they come in, super peeps to deal with.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
they do look good, i paid 131.99 from amazon and avs said they would send new lightbars until i was happy or got the newly redesigned ones when they come in, super peeps to deal with.
Okay, cool. Thanks for all of your helpful info on this!??
Sponsored