Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
So my 2012 F150 XLT had auto up and down front window switches. My 2020Durango has them its a cheap govt model. My wife's 2018 Fusion SE has auto up and down front windows standard. Why in the living hell does my high end 2019 SCREW Ranger Lariat FX4 only have the driver window auto up and down?!??! Cheap asses.

So my question for anyone who knows for sure, can I buy a new single auto up down switch for the drivers side switch assembly and install it plug n play or does that require an entire hub of all 4 doors switches to be replaced IF I can locate a switch that fits the spot with plug and play? I know Ford has been big on interchangeable parts on all models, maybe an F150 or Fusion switch set up cross references?
Sponsored

Racerdave6

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX. 2017 Escape SE
Occupation
Mechanic
So my 2012 F150 XLT had auto up and down front window switches. My 2020Durango has them its a cheap govt model. My wife's 2018 Fusion SE has auto up and down front windows standard. Why in the living hell does my high end 2019 SCREW Ranger Lariat FX4 only have the driver window auto up and down?!??! Cheap asses.

So my question for anyone who knows for sure, can I buy a new single auto up down switch for the drivers side switch assembly and install it plug n play or does that require an entire hub of all 4 doors switches to be replaced IF I can locate a switch that fits the spot with plug and play? I know Ford has been big on interchangeable parts on all models, maybe an F150 or Fusion switch set up cross references?
Pretty sure it's not just switches. Programming in the body module controls it.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, 22 pages, I'll read up later. My frustrated point is they shouldn't have cut corners.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, 22 pages, I'll read up later. My frustrated point is they shouldn't have cut corners.
Hi Mike,

I agree....this makes no sense as there is a customer dissatisfaction that does not have to be there.... Disappointing to say the least.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger FX2
As a fellow Ranger owner I can understand the frustration. I had a ā€˜95 VW Jetta that had Auto up/down on all 4 doors. As a mechanic whose owned over 27 vehicles, many with no power options at all, I say ā€œfirst world problemsā€. Lol. We have definitely become accustomed to the luxuries in life.

OP
OP
Fawnbuster

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
As a fellow Ranger owner I can understand the frustration. I had a ā€˜95 VW Jetta that had Auto up/down on all 4 doors. As a mechanic whose owned over 27 vehicles, many with no power options at all, I say ā€œfirst world problemsā€. Lol. We have definitely become accustomed to the luxuries in life.
Agreed, I'd just be happy with consistency, especially when it's package related. Had to bump up to the Lariat just to get comfortable seats with lumbar in both, one would think that would've included the windows.

Deleted member 1634

I'm constantly surprised by threads and "complaints" like this one. I thought my life was pretty privileged and filled, but some of you must live quite the life for something like auto up/down on all 4 windows to be something worth complaining about, let alone even mentioning in the first place. If it wasn't for this forum, there are dozens of things I wouldn't have even known I was missing out on.

krisrayner

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger FX2
I'm constantly surprised by threads and "complaints" like this one. I thought my life was pretty privileged and filled, but some of you must live quite the life for something like auto up/down on all 4 windows to be something worth complaining about, let alone even mentioning in the first place. If it wasn't for this forum, there are dozens of things I wouldn't have even known I was missing out on.
No complaints from me. Confusion maybe, simply that 25 years later itā€™s not a more standard thing. However Iā€™m totally happy to not reach across the cab and try to roll down a window while driving.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
That is why a vehicle costs so much. There is another sucker for a damper. Send him a link.

FL.ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
To each their own. I think with how much more technology the trucks get and how much the prices increase I would expect little luxuries to be accounted for and included. Mostly on the Lariat models.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
To each their own. I think with how much more technology the trucks get and how much the prices increase I would expect little luxuries to be accounted for and included. Mostly on the Lariat models.
I agree....when you buy the top of the line it should have every option. Auto up/down windows all the way around and power rear slinging window. I love my Ranger but I think they did cut a few corners. my 2 cents!

FX4inDE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I must be in the minority on this topic. It took me years to get used to that "feature" in different trucks and it, frankly, irritated me. I thought it was a "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" thing. I just wanted the window opened a small bit...ugh. Not all the way down.

But, admittedly, in my last Ranger I could lean over and ROLL down the passenger window. And that was perfectly fine for me.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Agreed, I'd just be happy with consistency, especially when it's package related. Had to bump up to the Lariat just to get comfortable seats with lumbar in both, one would think that would've included the windows.
It is consistent, auto up/down not available on any trim level. By the way my XLT with cloth seats has power lumbar on both sides. Power recline would have been nice, but I can live with out it.
Agreed, they maybe need to make a list of everything they can't live without and make sure the vehicle they are looking at has them before they buy. While we're at it let's go for memory seats and mirrors, tilt on reverse outside mirrors, driver based radio and climate presets and driver based performance and transmission settings.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

@Fawnbuster Mike, I have noticed that Ford, like the others, will nickel and dime a profit where it isn't necessary. I mean just charge me the the few extra dollars, and add a profit for the passenger side "one touch" up & down thingy. I won't bitch at all. It's like the one I ran into building my '20 XL that left me shaking my head. In '19 when you ordered the Co-Pilot 360 you got front sensing included in the $735 price. In '20 when you order the Co-Pilot 360 the package is priced at $625, but sans the front sensing at a price difference of $110. But here's the kicker, the '20 base price of an XL was raised $110 over the XL base price in 2019. Now that left me shaking my head. Just leave the front sensing (which is a really handing little trick), and I'll pay the extra $110 on the base price if they need the money that bad. What is a measly $110 bucks when you're paying 30K for a truck?
Sponsored