First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Load testing a battery is just ok. It’s the reserve capacity that usually takes a hit first and they don’t test for that . You could drive there , test it and say no problem. Wake up the next day to a no start condition. Found out the hard way thinking it was something else and changing other parts needlessly..
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
my auto stop start has stopped working and in wondering if its a sign of a weak battery. my auto unlock has stopped working on all but my drivers door. any advise ?
It is probably a weak battery, but then, hey, some guys would love for their auto/S/S to stop working...

btsmith52

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Auto stop-start stopped functioning on my wife's edge and it was the battery. Those AGM batteries have around 780 CCA and hers was down to 390. When you replace the battery, your battery management system will need be reset by a dealer or someone with an appropriate fancy scan tool. You may do some research and find a user accessible way to reset it. Point is, the ASS won't start working again without the reset.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't want to start a whole new thread, but I'm wondering where my ASS is...

Haven't received truck, just put deposit down, I don't see the $50 credit they give since they stopped being included, but I don't see the feature listed on the sticker either...

Will I have ASS? I'm a big fan of ASS and I cant find my ASS right now and am just a little confused.

ass.JPG
I'm pretty sure the ASS delete is optional and only by request. If you didn't ask for it, you are still getting it (and potentially waiting for related components).

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
I'm pretty sure the ASS delete is optional and only by request. If you didn't ask for it, you are still getting it (and potentially waiting for related components).
Apparently my truck was built on March 17th and has been waiting around ever since. Its been shipped but hasnt arrived at the dealer yet and it seems to have the ASS. So, I hope it doesnt hurt the truck too much that it just sat there for a couple months.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently my truck was built on March 17th and has been waiting around ever since. Its been shipped but hasnt arrived at the dealer yet and it seems to have the ASS. So, I hope it doesnt hurt the truck too much that it just sat there for a couple months.
I know your pain. Mine was built early August 2021 and I got it 10/28/21. Sat at MAP waiting for the instrument cluster. And then Ford forgot about it until I harassed them on Twitter once I saw people here getting trucks ordered after mine was parked in the lot of shame. The only issue I had from it sitting was film all over the inside from the plastics off-gassing (windshield was particularly hard to clean) and the battery took several weeks to get itself sorted after sitting that long without a proper charge.

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
The sticker for my '19 lists "auto start stop tech" under "functional".
Interesting. Seems they removed all trace of it, except when it isn't included. I'd say this change happened around the end of March or so.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
my auto stop start has stopped working and in wondering if its a sign of a weak battery. my auto unlock has stopped working on all but my drivers door. any advise ?

Are you running the AC on Max? I noticed that the auto start stop disabled icon will show up on the cluster when at a stop if the outside air temp is over 95F and the AC is on Max. If I take it off Max air or it's below 95F the A.S.S. will function normally.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Are you running the AC on Max? I noticed that the auto start stop disabled icon will show up on the cluster when at a stop if the outside air temp is over 95F and the AC is on Max. If I take it off Max air or it's below 95F the A.S.S. will function normally.
This, and defroster/defogger will also stop the ASS from working.

Cwalker

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger
Occupation
Retired
Mine stopped working. Dealer replaced battery under warranty.Works fine now

Housemanager

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercab Ranger
The nature of my business is a LOT of stop, turn off engine, then 10 min later start, drive 8 blocks and do it again. I never leave the zip code. I am having the same issue with my 2019. Is there a way to do an over night charge, like using a maintainer, on the battery. Would there be any harm? Going to do a 50 mile one-way trip tomorrow and I think the interstate driving may help.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
The nature of my business is a LOT of stop, turn off engine, then 10 min later start, drive 8 blocks and do it again. I never leave the zip code. I am having the same issue with my 2019. Is there a way to do an over night charge, like using a maintainer, on the battery. Would there be any harm? Going to do a 50 mile one-way trip tomorrow and I think the interstate driving may help.
Our Ranger is used for a lot of short trips and began having this problem after it was about a year old. I used this one from CTEK and ran the recondition process and it has worked fine since:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CD44RQO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Whichever one you use, be sure it has a mode for AGM batteries.

Housemanager

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercab Ranger
Than you Alcohenusa. Your recommendation on the CTEK was spot on. Ran mine through the full cycle, and after several hours, all is good now.

Thanks again
Sponsored