Auto start/stop feature elimination for free?

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
My understanding of the vehicles that were built without it is that due to the chip shortage, they don't contain the necessary hardware for it to work.
Shows how necessary that feature was... My wife's F150 it just stopped working after 20,000 miles. I disabled mine with Forscan.
Sponsored

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I took an old out-of-date AC phone charger, cut the cord off and plugged it in the AC outlet. Free, and repurposing something that would have gotten thrown in the trash.
The other day I got stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic and actually unplugged it for a while.

Baker19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Saw that we could use home nightlights to "disable" the auto start/stop. Bought these from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077X48B8Q?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Using jewelers tools I took the nightlight apart, removed the lens and cut off most of it with a dremel cutting wheel. Finished off the rest with a dremel de-burring tool to get it to the smallest size possible. Hit up the body with a couple coats of plastidip and once dried put it all together again.

truck start stop.jpg
truck start stop2.jpg
Works like a charm!

JonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
My 2019 Ranger's ASS stopped working (brace yourselves -- I like ASS and use it). This is often a sign of a weak battery Took the truck to the dealer, they tested and confirmed a weak battery and replaced it. All good now and I will be in the 1% who uses ASS, leaves the BMS alone and operates the truck the way Ford designed it.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
I just turn off ASS. I leave everything else alone.

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
My 2019 Ranger's ASS stopped working (brace yourselves -- I like ASS and use it). This is often a sign of a weak battery Took the truck to the dealer, they tested and confirmed a weak battery and replaced it. All good now and I will be in the 1% who uses ASS, leaves the BMS alone and operates the truck the way Ford designed it.
I know right. Mine was deleted and I want it put back in. No one has info on that tho. Just comments on why I should be happy I don’t have it

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I know right. Mine was deleted and I want it put back in. No one has info on that tho. Just comments on why I should be happy I don’t have it
Just get the switch that was deleted and a few Forscan changes and you can get it back, as long as yours is like mine (deleted) I still have the Cabin Heater Coolant Pump)
So I lost the switch and (2) changes in programming.
For me it is a blessing, I did not want it.

Scottlane1171

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash
Occupation
calibration tech
If that’s all it is I’ll be stoked
Sponsored